Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently completed a Teraflex Budget Boost on my 2012 JKUR, Before the lift I had a slight list to the passenger side (about 1/2 inch). As you would expect the same lean exists after the TF Budget Boost, except with the lift the lean appears to be more exaggerated, but it measures the same lean as before the lift.

The problem is, after the lift this "lean" offends my OCD and I want to fix it. After consulting with Teraflex they have suggested that I swap out the 2 inch spacer on the passenger side rear spring with a 2 1/2 inch spacer. This is an $80 fix that I am considering.

However, I am beginning to wish that I had done a more full lift prior to my planned purchase of 35 inch tires and wheels. What suggestions might there be? I also installed new Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks with the TF BB kit, and I am thinking that I should replace the coil springs and take out the TF spacers. Is this viable?

Any input will be appreciated.

Bob

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's the gas in the tank. I have waxed poetically about my passenger side lean. I was going to add 10mm spacers to try and even it out. I finally started to research coil spacers on the passenger side. But like someone suggested, with a full tank (my lean is exacerbated after a fill up) and me actually sitting in the driver seat, it pretty much leveled out. Drives me crazy looking at it, but when I'm in it it is better. I have measurements to back this up. Could this be your issue? CG

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Try disconnecting the front sway bar links and manually cycle the suspension to see if the lean goes away. If it does, then links are too short.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is it that's causing the lean? I thought it was sagging coils? No?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I went down this road a while back. Went through everything. Didn't matter if my gas tank was full or empty, same 1/2 inch passenger lean. I gave up and moved on.

·
Registered
387 Posts
i never noticed this on my jeep, yet... now i will... but then i will think about my 2009 tacoma reg cab 4x4 with a 3 inch lift that leaned to the driver side. it was bad enough that i always noticed it, then add my 170lbs to the driver seat and i've been told it looked pretty bad. by non car/truck ppl.. so with a passenger side lean it sounds better!

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My lean as measured on the center of every wheel to the underside lip of the fender flare is 1/2 inch on the front passenger side and 5/8 inch on the passenger side rear. This measurement was done after filling the tank.

Teraflex has suggested that I buy a 2 1/2 inch rear spring spacer from them replacing the 2 inch rear spacer that come with the Budget Boost kit. There were 2 1/2 inch spacers in the kit for the front which corrected the factory rake that I didn't care for, so I'm considering that.

Bob

·
Registered
705 Posts
Just like mine. When I had someone sit in the driver seat and remeasured, difference was negligible. With a full tank. I was going to add coil spacers, but after that revelation gave up.... YMMV

·
Registered
38 Posts
Installed Teraflex pro leveling (springs) and I have a 1/2" difference on the passenger rear...scratched my head on it for a few days then figured it was my full gas tank. It bothers my OCD too, but I'll live with it! I'll measure again before next fill up to see if it changes.

·
Registered
705 Posts
It will, until your sitting in it. Drives me crazy, too. Funny thing OCD and Jeeps. Little stuff like this drives us nuts, but mud....NAH! CG

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Installed Teraflex pro leveling (springs) and I have a 1/2" difference on the passenger rear...scratched my head on it for a few days then figured it was my full gas tank. It bothers my OCD too, but I'll live with it! I'll measure again before next fill up to see if it changes.
I have the same set up. After a while you just forget about it.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Frankly I don't cherish the thought of jacking the beast up again and disconnecting everything I already had disconnected and reconnected just to add an additional 1/2 inch of spacer. Besides my driveway is iced and it's snowing today.

After reading all the replies, I realized my OCD would still act up every time I thought about three springs with 2 1/2 inch spacers and one with a 2 inch spacer. My mind would asking what's bent, what's sagging, why is it this way, if I'm in the drivers seat does it now sag in the other direction?? I guess I'll just have to go back on the OCD meds (gin and tonic).

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have a TJ. Guess what, 4" space from the top of the drivers side tire to the edge of the fender flare and exactly 3 1/2" on the passenger side. I can't tell visually but the tape measure doesn't lie.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts