Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 2007 Jeep there is a rectangular screen showing the radio chanel, CD, etc and a U connect feature. It has no u connect but if I get one will it display the caller ID and who you call on the screen. I have asked the dealership but nobody knows for sure. Hate to buy one and find out it does not have this feature. Yikes - Can anyone help

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Yes, I had it in my 08 and it showed the incoming phone number and any outgoing calls I made.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had nothing but trouble with the head unit in my 2013 JK. Bluetooth randomly cuts out, disconnects active phone calls, mic issues, no caller ID, and the music speeds up to the point where it sounds like alvin and the chipmunks singing. I have had it looked at by the dealer and NO improvement. I gave up and decided to buy a high end Alpine head unit with bluetooth and functioning features! Thumbs down on Uconnect!

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
Just by some of your comments, I'd say that there were more issues with the phone not being compatible with the Uconnect system.
1) you didn't mention which radio you have or what phone and SW that it has.
2) The "BT" dropping and "disconnecting calls" makes me wonder if you have a Samsung phone on either Verizon or Sprint with Android 4.3 on it.
3) "No caller id", is this on calls as well as text messages?
4) was the Uconnect system factory installed or dealer installed?
5) You may not know that not all BT kits are the same. You see Uconnect is constantly in conversation with the phone. There are questions being asked and need to be answered correctly or it will cause issues. The BT specs are loosely written so the interpretation can be different depending on who's interpreting them. So if a mfg wants a chance on not having many issues because the phone may not answer all the questions correctly, then that particular kit may not ask as many questions.
5) one unfortunate thing is that people here on the forum may have been able to help you much more than the paid dealer techs.

I have had nothing but trouble with the head unit in my 2013 JK. Bluetooth randomly cuts out, disconnects active phone calls, mic issues, no caller ID, and the music speeds up to the point where it sounds like alvin and the chipmunks singing. I have had it looked at by the dealer and NO improvement. I gave up and decided to buy a high end Alpine head unit with bluetooth and functioning features! Thumbs down on Uconnect!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts