Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a Jeep Wrangler with a soft top. Weird, I just heard this when I went to rent a small 4x8 trailer and it's a warning message on their system. They will however, if you have a hard top...Now, does that make any sense? Are they aware that Wrangler have a roll cage stronger than any hard top out there?
Stupid, just stupid!
:atomic:

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts
Old news, been happening for years. I also think the Explorers that had the problem with the tire blowing up is on the list.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
If you have a Jeep Wrangler with a soft top. Weird, I just heard this when I went to rent a small 4x8 trailer and it's a warning message on their system. They will however, if you have a hard top...Now, does that make any sense? Are they aware that Wrangler have a roll cage stronger than any hard top out there?
Stupid, just stupid!
Did you try Home Depot they also rent small trailers I noticed it this weekend.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Never knew that. I recently saw a JKU with a soft top hooking up to a U-Haul trailer at a gas station (that rented U-Haul trailers). Didn't think anything of it other than a little envy of someone going on a road trip in a Jeep while I was headed to work.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
They will however, if you have a hard top...Now, does that make any sense? Are they aware that Wrangler have a roll cage stronger than any hard top out there?
Stupid, just stupid!
I wouldnt put much faith in the roll bars on a jeep...if your in a roll over you will have the windshield in your lap. The A pillars will also fold like paper.

The Roll bar has no support across the front..it pretty much stops at theA pillar.

One thing I have noticed with Jeeps with the hard tops is they dont seem to cave the front windshield in like the soft tops.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Surprised they are renting a trailer to me with a 12 jk soft top with 37 in tires the only thing they said was I have to have my own tie downs

·
Registered
691 Posts
I went on the website to confirm this because im planing a move. I found out they'll rent me a 6'x12' but not a 5'x10'. What!?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It may be "old news", but just like me, many here didn't know either...
So it's always good to bring back and remember history.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I rented a UHaul with no issues. 2 door soft top. Picked up the trailer with no top on at all. I called however; did not reserve online.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went on the website to confirm this because im planing a move. I found out they'll rent me a 6'x12' but not a 5'x10'. What!?
I know their larger trailers come with a surge brake, the small one might not hence not being allowed. Quite frankly, UHaul is a pain to pain rent trailers from unless you have a 2500 diesel or larger from my experience.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts