Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. New guy here. A leaky main seal has led to the dropping of the trans/T case for new seal and clutch. U joints are shot! What do I need to know from a product standpoint to replace. Also taking pointers on procedure as well.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Spicers are a good choice. They say that the NON greasable ones are stronger because they dont have the channels for the grease in them, but the greasable ones would last a bit longer because you can perform maintenence on them. It depends on how hard you are going to be on them as to which ones you are going to choose.

BV Jeep

·
Knows a couple things...
49,383 Posts
If you're talking about the u-joints on your driveshafts, which are all the same for a non-Rubicon, just go for the sealed Spicer 5-1310x which is a superb and stronger/more durable upgrade for the Spicer that the factory installed.

Greasable u-joints are not as strong and they do not necessarily last as long unless you really keep up with keeping them greased... a PITA. I stopped using standard greasable u-joints years ago and I don't miss them at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts