Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a used jeep. Its lifted with 33's. There was the chirping noise coming from front drive shaft when jeeps in motion. Forward and reverse. Figured u-joints. Pinpointed the exact place where by the ring of grease on undercarriage. Its coming from the 2 u-joints at the caridan knuckle. My question being: can I just replace the u-joints or do I have to replace whole knuckle? Also it makes a clunk from front drivers side when changing direction forward to reverse or vise versa. I imagine its the wheel bearing? I bought my jeep knowing I would have to replace some parts just wanting to make sure Im heading in the right direction as this is my first jeep. Any and all help will be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,407 Posts
X2 on replacing the centering ball part of the CV too. A very good u-joint to use as the replacement would be a Spicer 5-1310x which is a stronger and more durable replacement for the Spicer u-joint the factory installed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your input. The Spicer part # on my front drive shaft is 922204-2524. I couldn't find any info on it. My 02 sahara was lifted by previous owner has 33's and a 231 t-case with Novak conversion. I think it has Dana 30 up front and 44 in the back. Not 100% on that though.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,407 Posts
No need to replace the entire driveshaft, any driveshaft specialty shop will be able to quickly and easily rebuild yours so it's good as new. I would specify that they rebuild it with Spicer parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts