Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my axle sahft ujopints. They have 125k miles on em and i think all the mudding and water crossings have dried/taken out the grease, im almost opositve thats the noise ive been hearing.
whatr ujoints do I replace em with?, 5-760x's? greasable/sealed ungreasables? brand? and wheres the best place to get em at?
its a 2000 tj btw.
thanks in advence,
-matt

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,757 Posts
Yeah, if you are just looking for stock replacements then go with Spicer 760's. Most auto parts stores should carry them.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
only spicer .... dont get that 'brute force' crap that most places will try to sell you ....

napa should carry spicer, auto zone and advance auto dont carry spicer here

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies.

Im going to go buy them today.

one more question, I'm going to replace the u-joint on my front driveshaft(axle side), which one do I need to buy for that?

Thanks again,
-Matt

·
Knows a couple things...
50,152 Posts
one more question, I'm going to replace the u-joint on my front driveshaft(axle side), which one do I need to buy for that?
Spicer 1310 series u-joint is what the TJ's driveshafts use. The p/n used to be 5-625X which some may still list them as but apparently Spicer's current p/n is SPL22-1X

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright, after searching almost every autoparts store, i called a couple driveline shops and one has the spicer 5-760x's for $35 but I brought him down to $28.92, is that price alright? I wish these things were cheaper, I'm going to be on a budget this weekend :(

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
alright, after searching almost every autoparts store, i called a couple driveline shops and one has the spicer 5-760x's for $35 but I brought him down to $28.92, is that price alright? I wish these things were cheaper, I'm going to be on a budget this weekend :(
yep .. sounds pretty good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.