Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
64k miles, just got my Jeep back with an AC head installed after a p0304 misfire code. Now getting a U0101 code = Unable to communicate with TCM. :mooning:

Seemingly heat related my TCM is on the opposite side of the vehicle since its a Right hand drive (behind the glove compartment, on the firewall). I think its heat related because that floorboard and firewall get smoking hot from the cat and exhaust loop on that side. When the code triggers I get limp mode for a few seconds then all the lights in the dash flash, "Hot Oil" flashes on the DIC and it dies. I can get it to start again only after 10 min or so of cooling down OR splashing water on the fiberglass insulation on the outside of the firewall and running the A/C on the floor, full blast. Another hour one way drive to the dealer and hire a sub to run my mail route. :atomic: Ugh!

Anyone else have this happen? Right or Left hand drive?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you figure this out? I know it's been a while. I just stumbled upon this thread. I have a 2015 that rolled over and it won't start. Turn the key and all these lights flash on the dash like hot oil and stuff and it won't turn over. When I check the system it says u0101 so it sounds similar. Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Did you figure this out? I know it's been a while. I just stumbled upon this thread. I have a 2015 that rolled over and it won't start. Turn the key and all these lights flash on the dash like hot oil and stuff and it won't turn over. When I check the system it says u0101 so it sounds similar. Any feedback would be great.
Welcome to the forum!

This thread is from two years ago. You might be better served by starting your own thread.

If you have a 2015 that rolled over, then you really should not be trying to start it until after it has been checked out.

If the wrong fluid got into the wrong place in the engine it could cost you big time if you try to start it before the engine is cleaned out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts