Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughters '13 (stock) 47,000miles, wrangler unlimited sport, check engine light is on.
Seems to be in limp mode? Revs high rpms and won't do over 30 mph.
I did the ignition code check and it won't throw a code. Plugged in and got OBD -II code U0414. Researched code online and can only find what the code means, nothing found on how or what's needed to fix.
Found that when I engage 4wd, sometimes the "4WD" lights up on dash, sometimes it doesn't. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sadly, same issue here, only my sway bar dash light will also blink.
I got it all to 'go away' by running through 4L, 4H, 2H a couple of times and pressing the sway bar disconnect button a few times. I did note my 4WD light blinking on/off intermittently when running through the 4wd gears too.
It's now happened 3 times to me, no rhyme or reason as to why though. Sure, it's been raining a lot here, but that's not reasonable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sadly, same issue here, only my sway bar dash light will also blink.
I got it all to 'go away' by running through 4L, 4H, 2H a couple of times and pressing the sway bar disconnect button a few times. I did note my 4WD light blinking on/off intermittently when running through the 4wd gears too.
It's now happened 3 times to me, no rhyme or reason as to why though. Sure, it's been raining a lot here, but that's not reasonable.
Forgot to add... code U0414 "Invalid Data Received From Four-Wheel Drive Clutch Control Module" was found by my OBDII reader.
Hitting the dealer soon, since it's all under warranty.:atomic:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yesterday, I just got code U0414 read from OBDII reader. Has anyone found out what needs to be fixed to resolve the error code? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Had the same happen to me today. My jeep had set up about a week while i was away, went to drive it today and about 6 miles into the drive my sway bar light started blinking. So I pulled over and was like wtf? I pushed the button several times and it still kept blinking. So then i pulled into a grass spot and went put it in 4H and then into 4L then back to 2wd push button several more times...still blinking.

So then Im like ok so I head home then my check engine light came on and the jeep then would not go out of first gear. So I had to drive real slow to get back home. I got to my street then all the sudden it started to switch gears like normal (auto transmition) but the check engine light is still on. So I then head up to an auto parts store to get them to check the code and I get this.

So I googled the error code and it brought me to this thread.

Going to take it to dealer tomorrow. I hope mine is just a $150 fix.

Another question I have as this is my first Jeep. Putting it in 4wd high or 4wd low is a bit hard to engage with the lever when its in neutral or park. Are all Jeeps that way?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Got in jeep today all is well. No more check engine light and no sway bar disconnect light blinking. Wonder what that was all about?

Anyways from doing research on it I now know how to check my own check engine error codes without using a plugin device. Turn the key 3 times without cranking and it will display the error code. But in this case I didnt even need to cause the check engine light went away over night.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I can't find a transfer case control module. Do you have a part number?
Well, I figured out what the transfer case control module part is. It's called the transfer case indicator switch. Ordered OEM part this morning for $90. Underneath the Jeep, it looks a little tight to get tools in to as this part is on top of the transfer case, but I'll figure out something.

On a side note, to be sure of my diagnosis, I took the Rubi by the local dealership service department this morning for a quick "official" diagnosis. Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a quick anything at the dealership, as they're scheduling appointments for the week of Sept. 12. That's a problem for someone who's having a drivability issue with their daily driver vehicle. I've had a longstanding disdain for dealership service departments, and this is one of the many reasons why. So, back to my shade tree mechanic ways. Rant over!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts