Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I add individual phone numbers to the uconnect 430 in my 2014 2dr Jeep Wrangler?

I know how to add the whole phonebook, but I don't want to add all my numbers, just the ones I call all the time.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I was under the impression that it doesn't actually store the phone book, it actually uses the phone book on your cell phone. I have an iPhone 5 and I've never had to actually download or enter numbers into the radio, I just use the voice dial and it works fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
According to my 2013 Owners Manual:

Phonebook Download – Automatic Phonebook Transfer From Mobile Phone
If equipped and specifically supported by your phone, Uconnect® Phone automatically downloads names (text names) and number entries from your mobile phone’s phonebook.

Automatic download and update, if supported, begins as soon as the Bluetooth® wireless phone connection is made to the Uconnect® Phone, for example, after you start the vehicle.

A maximum of 1000 entries per phone will be downloaded and updated every time a phone is connected to the Uconnect® Phone.

Add Names to Your Uconnect® Phonebook
• Press the (phone) button to begin.
• After the “Ready” prompt and the following beep, say “Phonebook New Entry”.
• When prompted, say the name of the new entry. Use of long names helps the Voice Command and it is recommended. For example, say “Robert Smith” or “Robert”
instead of “Bob”.
• When prompted, enter the number designation (e.g., “Home”, “Work”, “Mobile”, or “Other”). This will allow you to store multiple numbers for each phonebook entry, if desired.
• When prompted, recite the phone number for the phonebook entry that you are adding.
After you are finished adding an entry into the phonebook, you will be given the opportunity to add more phone numbers to the current entry or to return to the
main menu.

Hope this helps.

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
On the 430 & 430N radios, you can't scroll thru the contacts visually. You can only ask Uconnect to read the contact list to you. She'd have more of a chance catching you by scrolling thru the phone itself.
In order for her to even hear all of your contacts on your phone thru Uconnect, she'd have to have your phone in the vehicle, key on with the phone connected and then:
1) press and release the Uconnect button and say "phonebook, list names" and then say "all" when she's asked for a name to start from. Now Uconnect will read all the contacts in your phone and also any stored in the Uconnect internal phonebook.

Now in the event that you have hidden names on the Uconnect internal phonebook (which can hold up to 32 names with up to 4 contact numbers for each person), then this would be easier for her to hear the names.

This done by only having your keys, and with the key on, press and release the Uconnect button and say "phonebook, list names" and then say "all" when she's asked and Uconnect will read only those 32 names.

I wouldn't want all my contacts downloaded... GF scrolls through that list means big trouble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts