Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the uconnect system so sorry if this has been asked before.

Can I play goggle map navigation audio on my iphone through the car speakers in my 2017 wrangler with connectivity package and 130S radio? If so, how?

Thanks.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I am new to the uconnect system so sorry if this has been asked before.

Can I play goggle map navigation audio on my iphone through the car speakers in my 2017 wrangler with connectivity package and 130S radio? If so, how?

Thanks.
You'll have to be on your aux input, whether you use 3.5mm, Bluetooth or USB, you have to be on that input or you won't get any sound through the stereo.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes, you connect your phone via bluetooth to your Jeep. Press the voice button and say "Setup" to go through the prompts to connect the phone.

After that when using Google Maps the audio will play through the Jeep's speakers as long as the radio is set to Aux.

As a note, I'm not sure if it is the same with iPhone's, but I know with my Android there is a couple second delay from when it starts talking to when the audio comes through the speakers. This caused me quite a bit of frustration with not hearing some directions at all, or hearing them too late to be useful. I ended up just having it play the directions through my phone's speakers.

·
Registered
148 Posts
There's an option in Google Maps to play voice commands via Handsfree.

This is great because it interrupts other audio sources and plays the commands as if they are an incoming phone call. I used it this way in my Subaru for years and it was awseome.

...Alas, with the UConnect system being apparently being ported from a Commodore 64 this is completely useless configuration. With UConnect handsfree and Google Maps set this way, you get a massive delay in the beginning of the voice command and to top it off, you get to hear "Phone Call Completed" after every voice command.

Thanks FCA...

·
Registered
442 Posts
I can get the Google maps audio to come through when on BT, but only when I have music streaming from my phone. If I turn the music off, the maps audio quits also.

Haven't tried running it on aux.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
926 Posts
I can get the Google maps audio to come through when on BT, but only when I have music streaming from my phone. If I turn the music off, the maps audio quits also.

Haven't tried running it on aux.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
That's just how it works. If you're on any other input the audio will not come through. You don't need to actively be playing music I don't think, but you will need to be on the aux input whether hard wired or Bluetooth or you won't hear anything.

·
Registered
442 Posts
That's just how it works. If you're on any other input the audio will not come through. You don't need to actively be playing music I don't think, but you will need to be on the aux input whether hard wired or Bluetooth or you won't hear anything.
For some reason in the past, it always quit if I stopped the music on my phone. Even with the HU still on BT. Just went out to my Jeep to replicate it, and it actually worked. Thank you.... I believe you fixed my issue through suggestive thought. You're a wizard. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts