Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - some good news about windows phones and uconnect. On my uconnect (wrangler 2014) I can use text messages after upgrading my Nokia Lumia 920 Phone to Windows Phone 10. That was not possible with Windows Phone Version 8.1

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hi - some good news about windows phones and uconnect. On my uconnect (wrangler 2014) I can use text messages after upgrading my Nokia Lumia 920 Phone to Windows Phone 10. That was not possible with Windows Phone Version 8.1
I find the Voice Recognition on Uconnect 730 to be spotty at best and very limited.

I simply call up Cortana and let her place calls, send Text Messages and route GPS directions.

I am currently using a Lumia 830 with Windows Phone 8.1, I have a Lumia 1020 with Windows 10, I'll test it out to ensure I can keep doing what I am doing now.

I only use Uconnect to listen to the radio and there are a few playlists(read folders) on the hard drive, other than that I find this $2,000 system to be backward and useless, the hands free functionality on this $400 phone is significantly superior.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the basic European Uconnect 135 system. The system allows me to text 20 predefined text messages. So that's limited. But it reads incoming texts reasonably well.
Just wanted to add that this windows 10 is the "preview version" installed on the phone.
The voice recognition works ok for me as long as I have the hardtop installed.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I am getting double notifications with 10 right now. But what I have noticed is that when I am listening to Bluetooth and using the maps app (not here drive) for directions it is seamless and does not have that stupid "phone call has ended" message at the end of each statement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts