Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 707 Posts

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
starting this thread as a repository for threads having to do with Uconnect, Bluetooth and various cell phone/smartphone issues.

Here are two threads to start with:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/ios8-xx-and-uconnect-1147137.html#post17627545

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/android-4-3-x-and-4-4-x-users-with-outgoing-call-issue-1081490.html

If there are any other threads along these lines that you've found helpful, please send a link to me via PM and I will add it to this post.

Hope you all find this useful!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have Uconnect130 cd/MP3 on my just received wrangler sport 2015.

Is ther a way to play music on my cd randomly?

Thanks

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have a 2 week old 2015 JKU with Uconnect 730n, it seems that the unit freezes after a few calls when I am streaming music from the phone over Bluetooth.

So I have stopped streaming music over Bluetooth, sounds like garbage in anycase, best sound is using the AUX or store mp3s on the HDD, and just use the Bluetooth feature to receive and make calls.

Hope this helps or if there is a work around to my issue

·
Registered
131 Posts
If I start a call via voice command it hangs up once the call starts. But if I start it via my phone it works perfectly. If I take a call and touch the screen to answer everything works fine. Only issue is if I start a call via uconnect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if this will help...but when I start to have phone/jeep issues rebooting my phone seems to fix things for awhile. Sounded almost to simple to me, it works though.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Hey guys. My uconnect was working when i got my 2011 Sport two years ago (almost to the day) but this winter sometime it decided to quit working. When I hit the phone button she says "uconnect ready." When I say "setup" to pair my new phone, she says "available options are..." and lists the all. No matter what I say nothing works. I tried pulling the fuse for 10 seconds, as well as disconnecting the mic for a bit. Any other suggestions?

PS I have the 130S model

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got a 2014 JKU with the 730N UConnect. Mine won't auto dim when it is night (or go bright when it is day). I have to manually change it to night colors. Not a real big deal, but it should work the way it was designed!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Phone Muted

Starting this week, when I make or receive a call using UConnect (430N, 2015 JKUR), the call goes through, but no sound. Either I can't hear the other side, they can't hear me, or both. I am forced to switch the call over to my hand held phone - which is not optimal in traffic or on challenging roads. I'd like to avoid a trip to the dealership.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Does anyone know a fix for this?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
For the 730N radio, there's a forum member named nwbronco who has one and is very up to date on them. I really don't have any experiance with that radio.
I probably do not have the knowledge you do. But, I do know the 730N pretty well.

For the screen setting:
Press the MENU hard-key and touch the Display Settings
soft-key to access the Display Settings menu.
Select the Daytime Colors soft-key to switch to manual
daytime mode and to adjust the brightness of the display
using daytime colors.

Select the Nighttime Colors soft-key to switch to manual
nighttime mode and to adjust the brightness of the
display using nighttime colors.

Select the Auto Color soft-key to switch to automatic
daytime/ nighttime mode and to control the brightness
of the display using the light switch of the vehicle.
Touch the DONE soft-key to save your settings and to
return to the AM/FM/SAT Menu.

·
Registered
83 Posts
How to stop this

I don't want to be notified every time I have a text message, especially when I'm listening to a Audiobook and suddenly heard "New SMS message from plus one eight one seven five five five one two three four, to read message..." :pullinghair: What can I so that she only interupts me when I have an incoming call?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've got a 2014 JKU with the 730N UConnect. Mine won't auto dim when it is night (or go bright when it is day). I have to manually change it to night colors. Not a real big deal, but it should work the way it was designed!
Exact same issue here. The auto mode doesn't work for me. Pity. Would be a nice feature.

·
Registered
471 Posts
This worked for me Tenn!

I probably do not have the knowledge you do. But, I do know the 730N pretty well.

For the screen setting:
Press the MENU hard-key and touch the Display Settings
soft-key to access the Display Settings menu.
Select the Daytime Colors soft-key to switch to manual
daytime mode and to adjust the brightness of the display
using daytime colors.

Select the Nighttime Colors soft-key to switch to manual
nighttime mode and to adjust the brightness of the
display using nighttime colors.

Select the Auto Color soft-key to switch to automatic
daytime/ nighttime mode and to control the brightness
of the display using the light switch of the vehicle.
Touch the DONE soft-key to save your settings and to
return to the AM/FM/SAT Menu.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Exact same issue here. The auto mode doesn't work for me. Pity. Would be a nice feature.
There's a 'detent' in the dash light dimmer. All the way up - past the detent, it doesn't auto-dim. Turn it back (toward the dim side) past the detent - makes the auto-dim work.

Learned that the hard way m'self. Intuitive, ain't it? :pcwhack:

·
Registered
58 Posts
U-Connect Hacked

Not sure this belongs here, but it does have to do with U-Connect. Article about hacking into Jeeps using their U-connect programming.

Wired Linky

Thoughts and comments please. :pc-ouch:

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have a 2013 JK with the 730N UConnect.

One issue we are dealing with, is sometimes when we change over to the HDD to listen to saved files, the entire system locks up. Nothing will work until we turn the vehicle off and on again.

Every now and again, that won't even help, and I will need to pull the fuse to get it to respond.

Any idea why this happens?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Not sure this belongs here, but it does have to do with U-Connect. Article about hacking into Jeeps using their U-connect programming.

Wired Linky

In my opinion this issue over-shadows everything else given the implications. Will this be corrected in time for the 2016 models? I hope so but I have my doubts. Too bad too that the first report involved the new Cherokee which already has well-publicized issues with its transmission. This is not good news for Chrysler.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/07/21/patch-your-chrysler-vehicle-before-hackers-kill/?intcmp=features

·
Registered
653 Posts

Wired Linky

My aunt (who drives a prius) sent me that article saying I should take my wrangler back and get a prius...

:rofl2:

1 - 20 of 707 Posts