Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

661 - 680 of 706 Posts

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
I can't even install a Uconnect software update for the 730N. I put the update on a thumb drive plugged it into the 730N and nothing happens.
I have never had a problem with updating my 730N, but I have always followed the instructions and burned the ISO update onto a DVD-R.

Some people have occasionally gotten a thumb drive to work, but reported success has been so rare, I would never bother to try.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have Jeep Sahara jku 2007. I bought radio 430N, easy installation plug and play and also I bought 05091960AD U connect box, it come with the harness 508078523AA and microphone 1MW17DX9AB. I think the microphone will be in the pillar. But I can connect the microphone anyway, I think I need other wire, and also I can’t connect the module to my radio 430N, because the connection are diferente.

I think I need more wire connections, but I don’t know number parts and also need plastic pilar where go the microphone

Some advise or help
Hi,
To connect Uconnect module ( 05091960AD) with 430N - head unit, you need harness - p/n 68002648AA and microphone - p/n 68002646AA.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Uconnect Module

Does anybody know, what difference between Uconnect module 05091960AD and 05091960AA ?
One guy from "Justfor jeeps.com said, I need only 05091960AD module - will work on Sahara 2018 with my 430N unit. But other sellers on eBay said - "AA" will work as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just purchased a 2017 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited smoky mountain addition and overall the uconnect Could be a lot better it is a little clunky. One of the things I really don’t like is that USB port in the consul does not charge my phone very well at all, is this a common problem?
Yes. The USB port in the console can only put out 0.5 Amps @ 5 Volts (std. USB voltage). Most phone chargers will source at least 1 amp @ 5 Volts. The difference with only half the power available for charging usually shows up when you're trying to charge while navigating (which consumes a fair amount of power, so the charging rate can't keep up very well).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine does nothing with texts - but I did not expect it to, either.
Page 140 to 142 of the 2015 manual (the big digital manual) tells you it does, including numbered text responses.

"Voice Text Reply
Uconnect® Phone can read or send new messages on
your phone.
Read Messages:
If you receive a new text message while your phone is
connected to Uconnect® Phone, an announcement will
be made to notify you that you have a new text message.
If you wish to hear the new message:
• Push the Phone button.
• After the “Ready” prompt and the following beep, say
“SMS Read” or “Read Messages.”
• Uconnect® Phone will play the new text message for
you.
After reading a message, you can “Reply” or “Forward”
the message using Uconnect® Phone."

So, since the Jeep does have Uconnect and the 730N radio, I did expect that it would work. I just wondered if the S9+ was too new for it. None of those menus show up, but my phone's address book has downloaded into the system

·
Registered
214 Posts
Its a long shot, but I would un-pair your Samsung and then re-pair it.

It could be that if your phone got an update, that one or more Bluetooth Profiles have been lost, corrupted, or reset. Pairing is the only way I know of, to clear up Profile changes.
I have unpaired and then add the phone back with no luck. It worked fine for over a year and the now nothing. The worst part is my phone does not alert me of a new text since I am connected to the Jeep. So I do not know I have a new text until I get out of the Jeep and look at my phone. I do not text and drive but if I had a notification I could check it at a red light.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone know how to set the phone to be the default on the 430N?

My does uconnect automatically, but has the radio playing. I then have to select phone and If I don't wait the right amount of time, I get "Device is no longer available". Even though uconnect already knows it's there. Sucks. Would be nice if it switched itself to phone audio streaming as soon as it could by itself.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Does anyone know how to stop uconnect from announcing the name when people call you?

No, not according to the manual.

You can turn off confirmation prompts which speeds up outgoing calls a bit. You can also turn off SMS message announcements as well so you dont get the voice notifications for every new text message. Instead you just get the text icon on the radio. I havent yet found a way to disable the new call announcement. All it needs to do is beep a tone and show on the radio that there is a call....

·
Registered
22 Posts
After installing IOS 13.1.3 on my Iphone 7 I am now getting the text messages announced on the 430 in my 2016 JKU. This never happened before. All the texts so far have been announced with no number available even though the number is a contact in my phone. Freaked me the hell out the first time it happened. Maybe Apple is trying to play nice with Uconnect now?

·
Registered
58 Posts
After installing IOS 13.1.3 on my Iphone 7 I am now getting the text messages announced on the 430 in my 2016 JKU. This never happened before. All the texts so far have been announced with no number available even though the number is a contact in my phone. Freaked me the hell out the first time it happened. Maybe Apple is trying to play nice with Uconnect now?
Same thing happened to me, I would love to disable that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OMG... I just updated my iphone from 12 to 13 after reading this. I really hope I can get texts notifactions now. I have never got one in 2 years since buying the jeep with 2 different i phones.

I get emergency rescue page outs via text and I miss them while driving. no noise from phone or jeep.

I all really want is a noise. I don't need the voice. but I'll take the voice over nothing.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just noticed that Googles new flagship phone the Pixel 4 does not completely work with my Uconnect 430N. You can pair to it and make phone calls but SMS notifications is not working. No icon or announcement. Ive tried a few different things including re-pairing making sure it has correct permissions but it seems it just doesn't work for whatever reason. This is the first android based phone I've tested against this radio that didnt work. I know its a new phone but can anyone else that has a Pixel 4 verify this to make sure its just not my radio?

@JeepCares Can you check to see if this is a known issue over there?

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,487 Posts
Just noticed that Googles new flagship phone the Pixel 4 does not completely work with my Uconnect 430N. You can pair to it and make phone calls but SMS notifications is not working. No icon or announcement. Ive tried a few different things including re-pairing making sure it has correct permissions but it seems it just doesn't work for whatever reason. This is the first android based phone I've tested against this radio that didnt work. I know its a new phone but can anyone else that has a Pixel 4 verify this to make sure its just not my radio?

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you. Can you please PM us more information? I would be happy to look into this for you.

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
214 Posts

My Samsung S9 used to work fine. Now it works like you have said. I can not get text message or notifications. So if I receive a text I hear nothing. It use to announce the text and show me an envelope on the screen. I thought it was an android update. I hope they can fix it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same thing happened to me, I would love to disable that.
This can be disabled by pressing the phone button and saying setup after the phone name is announced and you hear the beep. It will read off the list of options, one of which is something to the effect of "SMS incoming message announcement". You speak that after the beep and you get prompted to turn it off. No more annoying announcements and you still get the envelope icon on your radio display.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is there a fee for having your software updated? I would do it myself but I don’t have access to a computer with a USB port to download the latest software patch.

661 - 680 of 706 Posts