Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

681 - 700 of 706 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Two things I found are a must after syncing your phone to the 430. Not sure if it works on other radio models.

Turn off confirmation prompts:
press phone button and say
"setup confirmation prompts off"

Turn off SMS announcement:
press phone button and say "setup, incoming SMS message announcement".
the prompt will tell you that it's on, would you like to turn it off. yes

@jaybot - any examples of what/which "confirmation prompts" are turned off in your first recommendation above? Is it the repetitive ones like "are you sure you want to call <Person>"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Hey jeep people! Im having issues getting my phone to connect to the Uconnect bluetooth pairing.. Anybody having a similar issues? 2015 Jeep Jku rubicon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey jeep people! Im having issues getting my phone to connect to the Uconnect bluetooth pairing.. Anybody having a similar issues? 2015 Jeep Jku rubicon.
I have a 2015 Sahara. My Samsung Galaxy S9+ works well on all counts with my 2017 Ford C-Max, but no text capability with the Jeep. I do notice that while trying to pair, the Uconnect doesn't always update. Turning the radio (ignition) off and back on after pairing the phone does then show the phone.

Texting should work, dammit!

·
Registered
11 Posts
2016 Unlimited Sahara here, came with the touchscreen Uconnect system and right from the get-go it seemed subpar. Slow to connect, no touchscreen gestures, poor audio quality, poor UI, no USB phone functionality, no Carplay, would crash constantly on navigation, the list goes on. Another weird issue that drove me crazy is that if you are using Bluetooth, it has incredible range that can be very annoying! There were multiple occasions where I would start the Jeep outside waiting for my wife, and she was maybe on the phone in the house and it would switch over, making me have to explain the situation to my mother in law or whoever is on the phone and creating a lot of frustration for her.

Managing multiple devices via Bluetooth was also a terrible experience as far as switching between them and nuances from once device to another. My wife consistently had an issue where there was a serious volume mismatch, even though BT volume was maxed out on her phone, it was very low on the headunit, requiring maximum volume for any intelligibility at all. Perhaps some of these issues would have been rectified with a firmware update.

Regardless, I vastly prefer USB connectivity for a phone since it charges at the same time, is faster, and tends to have better audio quality. It was kind of unbelievable that this functionality didn't exist on the Uconnect system.

Long story short I pulled the unit out for a Kenwood DMX706S which was around $300 on Black Friday. Paired with the right iDataLink system to retain steering wheel controls, I couldn't be happier. It sounds better, has Carplay via USB, and infinitely better BT functionality. In my mind the only thing I gave up was built in navigation, which is a small bummer but not that big of a deal in a world where your phone will always be a lot smarter than your car.

It's almost unforgivable that Chrysler thought this was a system ready for prime time. I can't overemphasize how disappointing it was and how much happier I am with an aftermarket solution.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The issue I'm having is my phone connects as it should for phone calls or Bluetooth audio. Plays music or works for 10-30 seconds then just disconnects. Sometimes it'll randomly reconnect at no set interval and then disconnect immediately. So I end up having to turn off my Bluetooth. O and I did all the disconnect and re pair crap before downloading the "update" Weirdest part is that it works for the first 3 months I had it and then just stopped randomly a couple months ago. Since then I just don't make phone calls in my Jeep and I use an AUX cord to play music. Not ideal but o well. Any other ideas beside unpair and re pair or update software?

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,487 Posts
The issue I'm having is my phone connects as it should for phone calls or Bluetooth audio. Plays music or works for 10-30 seconds then just disconnects. Sometimes it'll randomly reconnect at no set interval and then disconnect immediately. So I end up having to turn off my Bluetooth. O and I did all the disconnect and re pair crap before downloading the "update" Weirdest part is that it works for the first 3 months I had it and then just stopped randomly a couple months ago. Since then I just don't make phone calls in my Jeep and I use an AUX cord to play music. Not ideal but o well. Any other ideas beside unpair and re pair or update software?
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this.* Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern.* I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is there a way to remove the entire product and replace with something basic?
I just installed the Alpine i207-WRA in my jeep, and it removed uconnect (thank god) and that added apple CarPlay / android auto. My iphone now works great, I can hit the call button to call someone and not get in a argument with UConnect, it just works now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Although I like the Alpine i207-WRA, does anyone have a less expensive option that would give me better bluetooth with built in controls with the steering buttons. Looking for around $300-$400 range. Does not need a touch screen necessarily. Most important is a good bluetooth experience.

Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have spent many hours researching the forum, owner’s manual and Uconnect website, and others trying to pair an iPhone 8 to a 2012 Sahara. Every time I try, I get the same message pushing the phone button or VR button on the 430N unit. ‘’Uconnect phone not available”.
A previous iPhone 7 had been paired, but no longer shows, so it can’t be deleted. My vin# shows as no update available on Uconnect website. I am at my wits end
Any ideas? Could the Uconnect have come unconnected in some way? How do I check that? It does have Uconnect as the display shows it when first turned on.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My issue exactly. I now just turn my Bluetooth off on my phone and do not use with my Wrangler. I have paired and unpaired so many times. Dealership tried. iPhone 7 with latest updates.

·
1,487 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please DM us with more details so I can look into this further.

Alison
JeepCares

·
1,487 Posts
My issue exactly. I now just turn my Bluetooth off on my phone and do not use with my Wrangler. I have paired and unpaired so many times. Dealership tried. iPhone 7 with latest updates.
Hi, please send us a message with more information. I would be happy to help!

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2 week old 2015 JKU with Uconnect 730n, it seems that the unit freezes after a few calls when I am streaming music from the phone over Bluetooth.

So I have stopped streaming music over Bluetooth, sounds like garbage in anycase, best sound is using the AUX or store mp3s on the HDD, and just use the Bluetooth feature to receive and make calls.

Hope this helps or if there is a work around to my issue
If I take a call and touch the screen to answer everything works fine. Only issue is if I start a call via uconnect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have spent many hours researching the forum, owner’s manual and Uconnect website, and others trying to pair an iPhone 8 to a 2012 Sahara. Every time I try, I get the same message pushing the phone button or VR button on the 430N unit. ‘’Uconnect phone not available”.
A previous iPhone 7 had been paired, but no longer shows, so it can’t be deleted. My vin# shows as no update available on auto clicker Uconnect website. I am at my wits end
Any ideas? Could the Uconnect have come unconnected in some way? How do I check that? It does have Uconnect as the display shows it when first turned on.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
now just turn my Bluetooth off on my phone and do not use with my Wrangler. I have paired and unpaired so many times. Dealership tried.

·
Registered
43 Posts
we have a 2017 JKUR Hard Rock and my android phone work perfect with the radio but my wife's Iphone 7 and now her Iphone 10 have issues with the Bluetooth kicking it off then reconnecting all the time. The dealer has replaced the head unit twice and that did not fix the issue, now we are out of warranty and she i really getting upset that you spend this amount of money and the Bluetooth does not work. She understands its a jeep and deals with the water leaks and bad fuel economy but come on the radio/Bluetooth there has to be a fix out there I know we are not the only ones with this problem.

681 - 700 of 706 Posts