Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

701 - 706 of 706 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't know if this will help anyone or not, but I might have figured out my bluetooth problems I've been having recently since an update to my Android OS on my Pixel 3 in my '14 JK rubicon with the 430N.

Since the update I could still connect but media playback would randomly cut out and lose remote control ability. so I'd have to get back on my phone and press play for it to continue and re-give the stupid announcement of "remote allow" every time it would cut out. really annoying. it was very sporadic too, sometimes it would be 10 minutes between each time cutting out, sometimes less than 10 seconds. This all started right after the update to the most recent version of Android, I hadn't seen this issue previously.

I went through all the normal steps, (unpair, forget, restart, re-pair), updated the Uconnect hands free module successfully to the 2017 TSB from the uconnect site, yelling at it, searching out new head units to buy even though I can't really afford one now, etc.

Ultimately what it came down to was changing the phone settings, I had to enable and get into developer mode on the phone, go into the advanced settings and change the bluetooth AVRCP from the default 1.4, down to the previous 1.3, and I had to enable an option called "disable absolute volume" (i know its strange verbiage, enable in order to disable)

Since doing that I have had no issues with it, connection is good, playback is normal, have not had any playback cut outs any more. This probably won't fix everyone's problems, but thought I'd share my experience.

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,487 Posts
we have a 2017 JKUR Hard Rock and my android phone work perfect with the radio but my wife's Iphone 7 and now her Iphone 10 have issues with the Bluetooth kicking it off then reconnecting all the time. The dealer has replaced the head unit twice and that did not fix the issue, now we are out of warranty and she i really getting upset that you spend this amount of money and the Bluetooth does not work. She understands its a jeep and deals with the water leaks and bad fuel economy but come on the radio/Bluetooth there has to be a fix out there I know we are not the only ones with this problem.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
30 Posts
I recently had my 730n in my 2015 JK freeze up and turn itself off and on every 5 minutes. Very annoying. I researched on google and found that a SOFT RESET did the trick for me. It was also listed as a possible solution for many of the issues I'm seeing on here.

To soft reset....

Put your key in the ignition and turn to RUN (the second click, just before you would turn on the engine)
Simultaneously press the phone and voice keys on the steering wheel - hold for 30 secs
Turn the ignition switch to off
Open the driver door and leave open for 30 secs
Close the driver door and start your engine up

Hope this helps some of you !

·
Registered
44 Posts
I recently had my 730n in my 2015 JK freeze up and turn itself off and on every 5 minutes. Very annoying. I researched on google and found that a SOFT RESET did the trick for me. It was also listed as a possible solution for many of the issues I'm seeing on here.

To soft reset....

Put your key in the ignition and turn to RUN (the second click, just before you would turn on the engine)
Simultaneously press the phone and voice keys on the steering wheel - hold for 30 secs
Turn the ignition switch to off
Open the driver door and leave open for 30 secs
Close the driver door and start your engine up

Hope this helps some of you !
Where does this come from? Thanks...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Google search of issue I was having (freezing up, rebooting every 5 minutes). This was listed by others as a potential fix. It worked for me

701 - 706 of 706 Posts