Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

721 - 732 of 732 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Has anyone been able to get a any one of the google pixel phones to work with text announcement on the 430N? Ive been messing around with the dev settings in developer mode so far with no success. It works with other android phones but not googles phones which I find odd.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The phone buttons on my stereo (130) and steering wheel don't work at all, nothing happens when I push them, I can't even attempt to make a phone call with Uconnect. Every now and then when I make a call hanging out in the Jeep the Bluetooth will randomly connect and it will come through the speakers.

It's a shame because I never had a problem with it until a year ago, it actually worked really well with outgoing calls using the voice commands and answering incoming call worked great too. My dealer set it up for me, the phone paired no problem, I actually have the same phone since then lol.

Anyone have any clue whats going on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve got a 2018 Wrangler and there seem to be glitches in the USB / Touch Display. I always listen to Sirius XM but whenever I start the Jeep it forgets that I was on Sirius and defaults to FM. The USB ports are also super sensitive and have trouble holding a stable connection. This is very frustrating when using CarPlay / Waze. The display constantly says, “A device has been disconnected.” and the message will not dismiss until I touch the screen. The charging drops along with the connection. My guess would be that this is part of a larger electrical / software issue. There are too many users complaining about the same connectivity problems. I have tested multiple USB cables and phones so I know that the problem is with the vehicle.

·
Retired Moderator
100,754 Posts
I’ve got a 2018 Wrangler and there seem to be glitches in the USB / Touch Display. I always listen to Sirius XM but whenever I start the Jeep it forgets that I was on Sirius and defaults to FM. The USB ports are also super sensitive and have trouble holding a stable connection. This is very frustrating when using CarPlay / Waze. The display constantly says, “A device has been disconnected.” and the message will not dismiss until I touch the screen. The charging drops along with the connection. My guess would be that this is part of a larger electrical / software issue. There are too many users complaining about the same issues.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had an issue with my 730 randomly rebooting. I opened the fuse box and had 12 loose fuses. I gave all the fuses a push to click them back in. no more reboots now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anybody's UConnect start working after a recent update? Running Android 11 on a Samsung Galaxy 5g running One UI version 3.0. I am pretty certain it was a recent Samsung upgrade, not Android itself. All of a sudden it's picking up text messages but always tells me that I have six new messages no matter what.

I think the next stimulus check is going to get me a new stereo from Crutchfield 😆

Jeep could have done better in 2016.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Anybody's UConnect start working after a recent update? Running Android 11 on a Samsung Galaxy 5g running One UI version 3.0. I am pretty certain it was a recent Samsung upgrade, not Android itself. All of a sudden it's picking up text messages but always tells me that I have six new messages no matter what.

I think the next stimulus check is going to get me a new stereo from Crutchfield 😆

Jeep could have done better in 2016.
Same here since phone update. Annoying interruptions when I get texts. Sucks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was just reading some of the posts. I used to have issues with my u-connect, until i changed my radio. Now i have a 10.4 android head unit. Problem gone... =)

721 - 732 of 732 Posts