Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice. I've paired my cell phone as priority 1 and my ipad as priority 2. My cell phone is not a smartphone. I use my ipad mini for navigation and for streaming music.

This weekend, I tried to stream music via bluetooth, but it simply wouldn't connect. I had to pair it all over again and then it connected fine. Then I turned off the ignition to run into the grocery store. When I started the jeep again, it couldn't connect again. So I just gave up. Next day, I tried to make a phone call by hitting the phone icon on the radio. It wouldn't connect to my phone this time, but my ipad was connected.

This thing seems to have a mind of its own. Frustrating for sure. Any advice?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. clearing and restarting works, but I don't want to have to do it often. I might just keep my phone paired and stream music with a short AUX cable. Jeeps seem to like things simple.

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
It wouldn't connect to my phone this time, but my ipad was connected.
I don't think you can have more than one device connected at a time?

That's why there is priority stuff. If both devices are available for connection, it will go with the one with the highest priority. Once connected, I don't think it will always unconnect if a higher priority device becomes available.

You don't mention what headunit you have, but I know on my 730N, you can override all of this by voice commands.

·
Super Moderator
9,108 Posts
Walt is correct, two devices cannot connect at one time.

I carry two cell phones with me: work (priority 1) and personal (priority 2). For phone 2 to connect, phone 1 needs to be OFF or NOT in the Jeep.

Hope this helps,

Aldo

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah. good to know. The problem I had was that on the second day, priority 1 was ignored despite I had the phone on me, and priority 2 was connected....

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
I only have one phone and it was connecting just fine. Then the other day I noticed the icon wasn't showing and when I hit the phone button it said no phone available. When I arrived at my destination and before I got out, I looked at my phone and some how the BT was turned off. (I may have done it when putting it on silence for a meeting). Once I turned the BT on, it connected just fine.

Multiple phones look like another challenge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts