Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am trying to get uconnect on my 07 wrangler but have read that it didn't work for the 07's. I have now purchased a stock radio out of a 2014 Rubicon with uconnect from a guy that upgraded his radio. My question is, if I just switch out my 2007 stock radio for his 2014 stock radio will my jeep now have uconnect? Seems too good to be true but I have my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm guessing that the radio is an RES if the previous owner changed it out. If this is true the Uconnect is an external module with that radio (and the REQ, RBZ, & RHB). So you'll need to use the MOPAR kit PN 82212159 and the optional USB cable PN 82212160 (if you want to use USB for media playback or for Apple items). You can find both items online for about $250 shipped, the install is simple and should take about an hour. Once that's done, call around to dealers for pricing on flashing the vehicle for sales code "RSP". You'll find pricing from 50 - $100.
Hope this helps
I bought an RHB radio and installed it myself. Entered the security code and it works perfect. I wanted the hands free bluetooth for my iPhone, so I got the U-Connect kit. Got that installed and went to the dealer to get it programmed. The directions say code RSP must be added to the VIN. Pretty much did everything you mentioned above. The tech did his part, but it still doesn't seem to recognize the U-Connect. Tech thinks it's not compatible with the 2007 MY. Does this sound correct? I'm thinking we're missing something.

·
Registered
319 Posts
sorry, things aren't leaving me much spare time right now. Okay, that's a high speed kit and the radio is a newer radio. Hmm,
I checked with the Chrysler list and it even says that kit will work back to 2007 also. I have an email out to a friend about this also. I'll let you know what I find out.
Great, thanks! I'll be waiting right here... :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks for the update. Couple of other things I noticed that might help in diagnosing. One is the backlighting is just black, there's no color And the Jeep splash screen no longer works. When I first installed the jeep it came up but now it does not so I'm thinking for some reason the jeep is not recognizing the radio for what it is for some reason. All radio functions and navigation work fine. Thoughts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts