Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that Siri and all of the other Bluetooth feaures work flawlessly on our 2012 audi and a 2013 Toyota yaris rental car but not in my new 2013 jk?

Does anyone know when Chrysler is set to upgrade uconnect to work with the iPhone s?

·
Registered
45 Posts
its not just the iphone, its uconnect, mine has started dropping my phone connection a lot. mid song (song is coming from same phone) it will drop my audio and say 'uconnect is searching for phone to connect to, audio will be muted, do you want to continue?" for no apparent reason then immediately connect just to do it again a few minutes later, im really over it!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Audio streams fine. Just can't use Siri or voice dictation. REALLY annoying, especially knowing it works fine on a 2012 audi and a economy rental.

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
There are a couple of reasons why the Uconnect doesn't work with SIRI, Visual voice mail or voice memos.
When you're in one of those features and have an incoming call, Uconnect doesn't get the correct BT message and time length of the message to display the "answer / ignore" message long enough for a person to accept the call. You can see there is an incoming call but no way to answer it. If you think to yourself "hey I can answer the call using the Uconnect button" and do that, then Apple drops the feature that you're in and then also send the call to your voicemail. You're pressing buttons and saying "hello, hello" and the other person isn't there. This whole time you're paying attention to the radio & the call instead of the road. This is a distraction and you could get into an accident. So Chrysler decided that until Apple (who has know about this problem since the 4S came out) makes a correction, then it will be a non supported feature.
It may work on other vehicles because the others may not look for the incoming call message from the phone. The BT specs aren't tightly regulated which lets companies interpret them as they please and how they think the spec reads or just not include certain specs. Uconnect is written to spec and works with a lot of phones, if there is a band - aid made for Apple, then it could cause issues with the many phones that it already works with.

Why is it that Siri and all of the other Bluetooth feaures work flawlessly on our 2012 audi and a 2013 Toyota yaris rental car but not in my new 2013 jk?

Does anyone know when Chrysler is set to upgrade uconnect to work with the iPhone s?

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
Curious about what phone you are using. There are a few reasons why this may be happening.

its not just the iphone, its uconnect, mine has started dropping my phone connection a lot. mid song (song is coming from same phone) it will drop my audio and say 'uconnect is searching for phone to connect to, audio will be muted, do you want to continue?" for no apparent reason then immediately connect just to do it again a few minutes later, im really over it!

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
Due to the looseness of the BT specs, not all BT devices are written to the same SW or by the same company. Devices will be different from manufacturer to manufacturer and also by the customer (in this case, the customer is Chrysler, Ford, GM, Audi etc)

Audio streams fine. Just can't use Siri or voice dictation. REALLY annoying, especially knowing it works fine on a 2012 audi and a economy rental.

·
Registered
45 Posts
XS, you seem to be the local expert on this, we chatted in another thread about other issues, mine is the htc amaze, but the recent edition of the above mentioned issue also happens on my wife's galaxy s4

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
tovrin,
Not an expert but learn a bit by mistakes I make and mess around trying to figure things out. I do however apologize, I don't keep notes about every issue that I try to offer help on or which forums that I am helping a person with an issue on. I try to remember them all (I roam around on about 8 different forums) but with work, family and life in general, I tend to forget sometimes. So I apologize about not getting back to you and the Amaze.
Quick question, Do you work on your own vehicle?

XS, you seem to be the local expert on this, we chatted in another thread about other issues, mine is the htc amaze, but the recent edition of the above mentioned issue also happens on my wife's galaxy s4

·
Registered
116 Posts
When I try to stream music via Bluetooth through the uconnect on my iphone5 it sounds like its playing in fast forward.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
Only those that have a 2011 early built vehicle like yours is. There has been a TSB available for this issue since June 2011. It's TSB # 08-036-11 rev A.
If you'd like to perform the update yourself, you can by visiting my thread at the link below. There is a file location & the instructions for this easily applied Uconnect SW update. :thumb:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/2011-uconnect-sw-update-info-186532.html

When I try to stream music via Bluetooth through the uconnect on my iphone5 it sounds like its playing in fast forward.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2013 works just fine and dandy with my i5.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts