Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Sirius trial ran out after this first year. I hardly ever used it anyhow, as I have unlimited data, and use Google Play Music.

My gripe however, is that now when I start up, I have to wait for BT to sync, then have to select Aux, and then wait for "while uconnect attempts to search for a phone, audio will be muted. Would you like to continue?". To which I have to reply "No", and am then finally able to listen to some music. It REALLY sucks when running errands and having to repeat this process every time after starting the Jeep up.

Any ideas on how to make this process more seamless? Or to change the input "priority" to Aux? Or maybe even a better way than BT to have the music go to the system?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Not sure if this is entirely helpful, but I'll give you my experience. I used to have all my music display artist, title, album when streaming Slacker radio via BT. One day it just stopped displaying the info.

So I started leaving my BT running when I get out of the jeep. Now when I get back in it connects automatically and skips the process yours goes through and will display song details for one song only.

So, I guess what I'm getting at is if you leave BT running it may help. Though I suspect most people leave it on anyway, but worth a shot if you don't.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Xsdbs is our resident Bluetooth, Uconnect guru here on the forum. He has explained that the head units won't remain connected to automatically stream music because it has something to do with the volume and blowing out your speakers. That's why you have to choose AUX every time you get in and the system defaults to radio when you turn the engine off.

There have been a ton of threads on it. If I can think of the magic key words to find one, I'll attach here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if this is entirely helpful, but I'll give you my experience. I used to have all my music display artist, title, album when streaming Slacker radio via BT. One day it just stopped displaying the info.

So I started leaving my BT running when I get out of the jeep. Now when I get back in it connects automatically and skips the process yours goes through and will display song details for one song only.

So, I guess what I'm getting at is if you leave BT running it may help. Though I suspect most people leave it on anyway, but worth a shot if you don't.
BT on my phone is always on. Literally always. Doesn't make any difference. And I think sometimes the artists are displayed, but you're right in that it's random. I hate this system.

Xsdbs is our resident Bluetooth, Uconnect guru here on the forum. He has explained that the head units won't remain connected to automatically stream music because it has something to do with the volume and blowing out your speakers. That's why you have to choose AUX every time you get in and the system defaults to radio when you turn the engine off.

There have been a ton of threads on it. If I can think of the magic key words to find one, I'll attach here.
Thanks StarBrite. Guess I'll do some searching. I know I also want to update the firmware too, so maybe that will help.

I just wish there was another option. And not using the HDD either, because of utilizing Google Play. Too bad the USB option doesn't appear to work.

If anyone else has ideas, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the RHB Uconnect 430N

Phone is a Samsung S4. It is the only phone on the system

And if I can make it go immediately to the Aux, that's what I mean sort of by "bypass the satellite radio".

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think the system is just crappy. When I got my 2013, my iPhone 5 would connect 75% of the time and show info about 50%. Then there was the big iOS upgrade and the connection rate went down some and the info went to 0%. Then there were the times that trying to connect would just lock up the entire system and I had to ride in silence until I turned the Jeep off for awhile and it reset.

I got so fed up with it that I dug an old iPod nano out from the bottom of a drawer and plugged it in the USB port in the center console. It still fails to connect once every few weeks but it's a hell of a lot better than the stupid BT connection - and I can see the whole library of songs on the 730 screen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think the system is just crappy. When I got my 2013, my iPhone 5 would connect 75% of the time and show info about 50%. Then there was the big iOS upgrade and the connection rate went down some and the info went to 0%. Then there were the times that trying to connect would just lock up the entire system and I had to ride in silence until I turned the Jeep off for awhile and it reset.

I got so fed up with it that I dug an old iPod nano out from the bottom of a drawer and plugged it in the USB port in the center console. It still fails to connect once every few weeks but it's a hell of a lot better than the stupid BT connection - and I can see the whole library of songs on the 730 screen.
Never used the USB port in the center console. What input on the HU do you need to use it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
243 Posts
When you plug something into that port, it will show up as a choice in your AUX inputs. So now when I go there, I see my phone (if it has bothered to connect) and the name of my iPod. When I turn off the Jeep it just goes back to the iPod if that's the last thing it was on. Works great and it's still somewhat portable for loading new music etc. Plus it's an old iPod that was collecting dust so if it gets stolen, no biggie.

Oh, I will tell you one trick...when I first connect it, I have to get it playing a song before I plug it in the Jeep or the 730 doesn't seem to understand it's there. After that, it's fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts