Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and found some nice threads on UConnect, and hope I did not miss what I needed... I just got a 2012 JK w/ the 430N nav. the unit says "uconnect" when you start it up.. but I don't have the package. Can anyone advise what the Uconnect package runs from Jeep approximately? I'm looking for the built in bluetooth really...
thank you.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I searched and found some nice threads on UConnect, and hope I did not miss what I needed... I just got a 2012 JK w/ the 430N nav. the unit says "uconnect" when you start it up.. but I don't have the package. Can anyone advise what the Uconnect package runs from Jeep approximately? I'm looking for the built in bluetooth really...
thank you.
It was $385 as an option from Chrysler. No idea what it would cost you after the fact. Probably quite a bit more $$, since it includes a USB port in your center console, a microphone for the VR system, etc.

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
Hey KB (and others)
just a note here, The Mopar kit that they sell actually does not come with the USB cable / connector for the IPod hook up. That cable is an "Optional" cable and the PN for it is 82212160. Also this cable does not go to the center console like the factory one does, it actually goes to the glove box. But if you wanted to install the connector in the center console you could get a male -female USB extension cable like the one from Amazon.

Amazon.com: Cables To Go 26686 USB A Male to A Female Extension Cable, White (3 Meters/9.84 Feet): Electronics

--------------------------------------------------------

It was $385 as an option from Chrysler. No idea what it would cost you after the fact. Probably quite a bit more $$, since it includes a USB port in your center console, a microphone for the VR system, etc.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I went thru this on my 08 Rubi, everytime I'd push the u connect button it says not available. Thru another forum, which I won't mention, I found the part no. from jeep for the mic kit, and also the instructions on how to program tryout head unit. I'll see If I can find it. The kit from jeep was $42 and now my Bluetooth work great!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Look up: just for jeeps, and then go to JK accessories, the part and install are there. It's a mopar site.

·
Registered
61 Posts
JPi1 said:
I went thru this on my 08 Rubi, everytime I'd push the u connect button it says not available. Thru another forum, which I won't mention, I found the part no. from jeep for the mic kit, and also the instructions on how to program tryout head unit. I'll see If I can find it. The kit from jeep was $42 and now my Bluetooth work great!
Is this info good for the 430n? Thanks in advance!

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
That's because you had a radio with the Uconnect built into it. The 430 & 430N radios take an external Uconnect module. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts