Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in my Intro. I recently bought a Jeep Rubicon. It came with a UConnect 130 w/voice command. It's OK but I want to upgrade to one with a Nav. I understand there is a 430 and a 730. I would like to get the 730 but was told that the 730 would not fit in the Rubicon. Is that so? Doesn't seem logical that it wouldn't. So, I am asking the experts here.

Basically, besides photography, I am a guitar player and a drummer and I need music and lots of it when I travel. Sound matters to me as I play a Martin D-28 which I bought when I returned from combat service in Vietnam. The guitar and I are aging nicely.

Nav. is something I need as I look for out of the way or off road camping spots. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I live near Sonoma, Calif. and do a lot of wine country photography. If anyone would like I will post some photos when I find the appropriate section. TCrowe

·
Registered
26 Posts
From all the research I have done the 430n is all you need. The 730 does not have that many more features that are really useful. It has a differnt nav system with live trafiic, but that is really about it. As for the sound that will be speakers, amps, and subs. And most will tell you get a new head unit. I am personally keeping the factory head and working from there. I live in the bay area also and go off the beaten path often and love the430n.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good To Know

Thanks for the reply. The 430 will work fine for me. I put a nav. app on my cell but it is inconvenient and dangerous to take my eyes off the road as far as I have to for reading the app on the phone. The last thing I want to do is get a suction cup holder holding my phone and stuck to the windshield.

TCrowe

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Thanks for the reply. The 430 will work fine for me. I put a nav. app on my cell but it is inconvenient and dangerous to take my eyes off the road as far as I have to for reading the app on the phone. The last thing I want to do is get a suction cup holder holding my phone and stuck to the windshield.

TCrowe
Do what I did. It is a very convenient mount for the cell phone. My music plays constantly, and its only interrupted for navigation voice dialogs. And, a cell phone has many different GPS applications for off-roading, compared to the one application in the car stereo GPS. With my mount, I basically have two eyes on the road, or at least one, at all times. And even then, the voice dialogs are great. So, I rarely need to look at the screen. It's very clean and looks very professional.

And, I'm a musician too. I am a professional singer, play guitar and keyboards. I actually had my own home studio with an 8 track and mixer with a rack effects system, and multiple drum machines, keyboards, and computer DAC. I had to have a great car audio system.

Alpine PDX-V9 amp, external 7-band Clarion EQ, 4 CDT 100watt speakers, and 2-10" subwoofers. You can see that my HU has all the bells and whistles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts