Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I got my new jk today and hit the button for uconnect and it said not available I thought it came with that feature? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
4,768 Posts

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Okay I got my new jk today and hit the button for uconnect and it said not available I thought it came with that feature? Does anyone know?
You're going to have to purchase the module. 2011's are different but it's $157 for 07-10.

·
Registered
355 Posts
IT really depends on which radio you have, several of the models have the buttons but do not have a module or mic kit, others have the module onboard and only need a 42.00 mopar mic and to be enabled which is a easy to thing by yourself..

Which radio do you have, there will be a three letter series on the lower right face of the unit.....RER, RBZ or something else

·
Registered
401 Posts
IT really depends on which radio you have, several of the models have the buttons but do not have a module or mic kit, others have the module onboard and only need a 42.00 mopar mic and to be enabled which is a easy to thing by yourself..

Which radio do you have, there will be a three letter series on the lower right face of the unit.....RER, RBZ or something else

That's the information that most dealers will tell you, but it's not correct.

You need the "Connectivity" package on your window sticker to have Uconnect factory installed. It doesn't matter what radio you have, if you have that package you have Uconnect and the ability to make hands free calls. Some of the radio's will work to control volume and channels via voice with Uconnect, some won't, that's how the dealers are getting screwed up..

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Wow, you'd figure paying for Uconnect you would also get the Connectivity package.

Uh, you're not paying for it unless you get the connectiveity package. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Assuming you have the 'JKU with the RHB Nav radio then you will have to buy and install the UConnect Module (which comes with a mic) to activate the two buttons on the radio that presently read "UConnect phone not available". I went through this with my own '11 JKU that I ordered without the connectivity group, thinking that since I got the high end radio the voice command and blue tooth would work regardless, NOT!
This past Wednesday I had it installed at the dealer and the mic was placed on my A pillar. The blue tooth is great and the voice command works well. You do not gain the steering wheel controls and the personalization in the instrument cluster like you would have if it were factory installed, but it is still worth getting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts