Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this MPBR Light Bar from Quadratec where it says "less then one hour installation." BullSh*t!!!!

Admittedly I'm an attorney not a mechanic. I know I went down the wrong road somewhere in life and ended up here. My bad.
Anyway, I can turn a wrench on easy stuff like this but I'm losing my mind.

I tear down the front grill, the bumper and the plastic cover in between the bumper and grill to expose the frame and vacuum pump. I have a 2013 JKU and I have to re-locate the vacuum pump. No problem, bought the relocation kit and relocated the pump.
Onto the easy installation of the light bar, right? Wrong!!:censored::censored:

There is a stock bracket that held the vacuum pump in its stock location just behind the bumper. That stock bracket makes it impossible for me to install the MPBR light bar. I called MPBR and they are not familiar with the stock bracket. I can't believe I am the only one that has had this problem. I will be sending pictures to MPBR for assistance.

Anyone here able to help?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Did the relocation kit take the pump off/away from that bracket? Is it possible to remove the bracket and then you're ready to finish the light bar install? I know I'm just bringing up more questions, but that's all I can do since I haven't messed with my front bumper yet.

O_E

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the relocation kit take the pump off/away from that bracket? Is it possible to remove the bracket and then you're ready to finish the light bar install? I know I'm just bringing up more questions, but that's all I can do since I haven't messed with my front bumper yet.

O_E

The relocation kit came with its own new brackets to relocate the vacuum pump elsewhere on the vehicle. I moved and relocated the pump with the new bracket easily.

The stock bracket is welded onto the frame, and I mean seriously welded onto the frame. I would have to get a shop to cut off the stock bracket from the frame.
I'm hoping I'm just doing something wrong as the instructions do not address this issue at all.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We installed 1 of these with 2 semi competent wrenches and a 3rd barley chasin' wench and it took almost 4 hours. Mind you, barley chaser was busiest set of hands. His was a 2012 and we had to use a grinder to cut the old pump bracket off, touch it up with rattle can and done. It was a bit of a PITA, but doable. Once that part is done, it actually goes fast, faster without carbonated beverage.

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
I bought this MPBR Light Bar from Quadratec where it says "less then one hour installation." BullSh*t!!!!

Admittedly I'm an attorney not a mechanic. I know I went down the wrong road somewhere in life and ended up here. My bad.
Anyway, I can turn a wrench on easy stuff like this but I'm losing my mind.

I tear down the front grill, the bumper and the plastic cover in between the bumper and grill to expose the frame and vacuum pump. I have a 2013 JKU and I have to re-locate the vacuum pump. No problem, bought the relocation kit and relocated the pump.
Onto the easy installation of the light bar, right? Wrong!!:censored::censored:

There is a stock bracket that held the vacuum pump in its stock location just behind the bumper. That stock bracket makes it impossible for me to install the MPBR light bar. I called MPBR and they are not familiar with the stock bracket. I can't believe I am the only one that has had this problem. I will be sending pictures to MPBR for assistance.

Anyone here able to help?
With the vacuum dew-hickey relocated already, 10 minutes or less to cut that damn bracket off.

Have a angle grinder (4 1/2")? If not go to harbor freight and get one for $20. Get a cut off wheel for it. You'll have to take the guard off SO BE CAREFUL. If you bump your hand (even with gloves), you're sliced for real.

Anyway...commence to cutting and you're done in no time.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you!!

You guys are right it needs to be cut off and will be soon. Yes, the rest will be easy from there.
This takes a hell of a lot more time then they suggest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts