Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
14 JKU WW, 1800 miles. Noticed a noise at idle the other day, almost shhhhing noise, with a faint chirp to it. From inside the car, my wife though it was spring peepers. Im thinking its probably the water pump. It only happens after its been warmed up. Really disappointing to have the gas tank replaced and now this. Really wondering about the quality of these things honestly...seems like Chrysler doesn't have good control of it's suppliers.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
stuff happens that is why they come with a warranty. Chrysler never has had a good QC record but they still sell wranglers all day long. We are glutants. I knew from my Dodge experience they sucked but that did not stop me from buying 2 wranglers. lol

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Dealer replaced the water pump in my 2012 at 9K.

I thought it might be a bearing in the alternator at first. Sounded like it.

The only problem is bleeding the air out of the cooling system. They just can't seem to do it correctly.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had mine replaced at 3,000 miles for the same thing. Then the new one did it for a while and now it doesn't make the noise. I'm wondering if it's just a weird thing that happens when the Mopar pumps are new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts