Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My red yj has a dented in good and tailgate, and the doors and top are in need of a new paint job too. I see this as a golden opportunity to create a very awesome jeep with blue doors and hood and a white top. Personally I think it would look awesome but do any of you think that is just super tacky?

·
Registered
261 Posts
murica:)

In all honesty though, it would be very tacky

·
Registered
511 Posts
Tacky? Heck no, that sounds awesome! Patriotic and classy! Go for it
I agree...nothing wrong with a little patriotism! :thumb:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Personally, I'm not sure i'd like a "patchwork" paint job like that. I'd be concerned that it would look pieced together from salvaged parts. I'm not trying to discourage you, just offering up my first thoughts. I think I'd look into repainting those areas red and adding some vinyl wrap or custom stickers for the look you're after.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Personally, I'm not sure i'd like a "patchwork" paint job like that. I'd be concerned that it would look pieced together from salvaged parts. I'm not trying to discourage you, just offering up my first thoughts. I think I'd look into repainting those areas red and adding some vinyl wrap or custom stickers for the look you're after.
X2 IMO it will look pieced together, a nice paint job with some decals will look much better. there are a few things available, or use your imagination and come up with some thing of your own.
heres one.

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am thinking about keeping everything red but making the top white and the plastic trim stuff blue

·
Registered
405 Posts
Wow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts