Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

this axle requires a pin/loop style steering stabilizer, does it exist ?
where do I find one ?
the Rancho RS7405 it's not good because it pushes too far to the left
how can I solve ?
thank you

Giacomo

·
Registered
292 Posts
Bigger tires, nah. I had the same issue.. Tried Bilstein and it did the same thing. The Rancho didn't push it as much as the Bilstein so I kept it. I also did truss on mine and ended up putting 37" Toyo MTs on and no more problem.

·
Registered
810 Posts
When I did the swap on my 18, I just left the stabilizer off. 37" Pitbull Rockers and country roads, it's really not an issue on mine. I am going to add the PSC hydraulic assist eventually.

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts
When I did the swap on my 18, I just left the stabilizer off. 37" Pitbull Rockers and country roads, it's really not an issue on mine. I am going to add the PSC hydraulic assist eventually.
^ I did the same. I tried my wife's Falcon adjustable SS and it was really nice, but like MW2016 I'm holding out for Hydro. PSC, West Texas or a local source are options for hydro.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bigger tires, nah. I had the same issue.. Tried Bilstein and it did the same thing. The Rancho didn't push it as much as the Bilstein so I kept it. I also did truss on mine and ended up putting 37" Toyo MTs on and no more problem.

Hi Fjnomo
thank you for answer,but I do not understand your answer
do you want to tell me that I have to fit the truss and the 37 "to solve the problem ? mahhhhhh...

I have 35 "

Giacomo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
however, I understand that a no gas steering stabilizer for the ultimate dana 44 does not exist

Giacomo

·
Registered
4 Posts
however, I understand that a no gas steering stabilizer for the ultimate dana 44 does not exist

Giacomo
Hi giacomo, I just installed an ultimate dana 44 in my 2017 Sahara. I ended up going with the fox ATS steering Stabilizer with it attached to the front track bar bolt (bolt with pin for SS) It is an expensive option but one month so far and I am enjoying it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi giacomo, I just installed an ultimate dana 44 in my 2017 Sahara. I ended up going with the fox ATS steering Stabilizer with it attached to the front track bar bolt (bolt with pin for SS) It is an expensive option but one month so far and I am enjoying it.

Hi Lakexporer and thank you for answer
would you have a pics to show me ?

Giacomo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hopefully these help. Don't mind the rusty scratches, they are from my first attempt at using a fabricated bracket and the stock ss. Unfortunately we have already had a fair bit salt on the roads up here in Canada rusting everything not painted (or scratched).

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is still tight. Fox recommends leaving 1/4 inch between the eyelet and the shock body. Set up as recommended the shock body looked very close to the axle bracket and if you look in the first picture you can see where it appears to have hit. On Saturday I adjusted the tie rod clamp and shock body to the right 1/8 inch and so far it looks too be ok. I am going to continue to check/monitor and if needed use a grinder to remove 1/8 inch of the axle bracket. So the end result... still not perfect. I still wonder why the Ultimate Dana 44 is built requiring a pin style.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you

" I still wonder why the Ultimate Dana 44 is built requiring a pin style."
in fact it is what I ask myself
I was just looking for a steering stabilizer no gas neutral because although I have a proper total Toe , I have the jeep that when you leave the steering wheel goes to the left and I think I blame the Rancho that pushes too much

Giacomo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts