Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started in January 2017 to do a complete conversion on my
2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.

I decided to strip it completely and fit a 3 UZFE vvti Lexus motor with 5 speed gearbox into the Rubi.

I did all the work myself exept for the adapter and smaller exhaust outlets that was done by Deon Brummer from Mad Max Conversions in South Africa.

Every wire, nut and bolt and conversion was done by myself and a helper in our farm workshop.

We are almost done now and then I will do a complete write up of the NEW Ultimate nam Rubicon

I am taking it on an adventure to Zambia in November this year.

I added a few pics from where we started to where we are now - Almost done. The V8 is amazing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Kudo's to you! That's looking great, may I know reason for this engine swap? Hope you get the parts of the new engine much cheaper there...

Did you have to rewire the whole Jeep or just the engine.. curious to hear and see more of this.. Keep the post coming!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Amrt
My original 3.8 L dropped a main bearing 20 000 km out of warranty period. It also left me stranded in a remote area by going into '' Limp Mode" Out country is vast and we have only two repair shops for Jeeps.
Thus, I opted to go the Lexus V8 route. Much easier to maintain, less nonsense and much, much cheaper.
I bought the 3UZFE vvti, pre started, and pre wired with original computer box. Only a couple of wires to connect, and the engine will start.
I will start with posts soon, with all the conversions I had to do.
Cheers from Namibia.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm not going to lie, that build is pretty epic. I'd definitely like to know more on how you got the computer to play nice with the engine or if you're having any issues from that aspect.

Reactions: fallenromeo

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I'm over here just trying to keep my ABS sensors happy and some guy in Namibia is stuffing a Lexus V8 in a JK. Props to you sir!

Looks like its a right hand drive too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Guys
The Jeep is really running smoothly.
Off course, on a complete rebuilt like this, you will run into some issues, but I managed to sort out most of them.
Only small things now on the dash to sort out.
But, as soon as I am complete, I will start a full story from beginning to end.
Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Starting to fit the outside items.
Fitted Narrow Smittybilt fenders, but tookj it off immediately.
Jeep looks like a pufter.
I like the broad look of my originals more.
Almost done with my complete list, of all the work over the last 8 months.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very cool. Cheers to the work you put in and good luck on your upcoming adventure! Lexus engines are silky smooth, can't wait to see your full, finished build write up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Guys

Doing lights today.
Next week, side rails and a few small things.
Then I will start with the blog of the complete conversion.
Cherrs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts