Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys there are some connector lines under the dash that are not connected to anything. I have been trying to find them in the manual to no avail. Any help would be appriciated. I have a 2.5l YJ with 5sp manual TBI.
See photos of unplugged wires.

Below is from under steering wheel near gas pedal.

Under Radio

There are two of these, both underneath speakers on the right and left side of dash.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
4,435 Posts
Hey guys there are some connector lines under the dash that are not connected to anything. I have been trying to find them in the manual to no avail. Any help would be appriciated. I have a 2.5l YJ with 5sp manual TBI.
See photos of unplugged wires.

Below is from under steering wheel near gas pedal.
View attachment 4518821

Under Radio
View attachment 4518822

There are two of these, both underneath speakers on the right and left side of dash.
View attachment 4518823
Pic 1 is definitely for your factory fog lights if equipped. not all YJ's were.
Pic 2 is I believe your factory stereo plug, some folks either splice into the hot wire, some folks don't use it at all when adding aftermarket stereo. You can get an adapter for that plug when installing a new radio, I guess not everybody knows that.
Pic 3 is either for one of the under dash lights, or one of your front speakers. cant tell from the wires.

Open up the the 89 FSM from my dropbox link below, cruise down to about pg. 1900. you'll find the wiring diagrams that will help you to identify the plug by the shape, wiring configuration, and colors.

Good Luck and Welcome back to the forum.

·
Registered
'88 YJ 4.2L, Jurassic Park magnets (super important)
60 Posts
Pic 1 is definitely for your factory fog lights if equipped. not all YJ's were.
Pic 2 is I believe your factory stereo plug, some folks either splice into the hot wire, some folks don't use it at all when adding aftermarket stereo. You can get an adapter for that plug when installing a new radio, I guess not everybody knows that.
Pic 3 is either for one of the under dash lights, or one of your front speakers. cant tell from the wires.

Open up the the 89 FSM from my dropbox link below, cruise down to about pg. 1900. you'll find the wiring diagrams that will help you to identify the plug by the shape wiring configuration and colors.

Good Luck and Welcome back to the forum.
Your manuals are an absolute God-send! I have scoured the Internet for hours looking for 88 parts lists, electrical diagrams, etc. etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts