Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm have a lift and new tires put on the JKU this week and I'm still a little undecided on how to go. The jeep is a daily driver and I only plan on doing some light-moderate off road trails and beaches. The tires are 285/70/17s as its a dd still and I only have the 3.21 gears with autotrans, or else I would of just got 35s. I always wanted a full lift kit, nothing more then 2.5 inches, but I dont want too much wheel gap. So I was leaning towards just the teraflex leveling kit. But, still not positive, I know Ill get better performance from an actually coil and shock lift kit both on and off road. Also with the leveling kit, am I going to be experiencing crazy uncontrolled nose dive on hard breaking? My thoughts are coils would better handle this compared to pucks not doing anything.

So what do you guys think, just go with the leveling kit, or go for the full lift?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one? *sadface* :(

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
If you always wanted a lift. Just get the lift kit. That gives you a better platform if you decide more upgrades in the future.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Like PMRyall says if you want lift, get lift. That said if you are not doing anything with the lift (clear bigger tires, need to clear big rocks off-roading, ect) the leveling kit will be fine. If you don't have crazy nose dive now the spacers wont really change that, though if you have crazy nose drive you might also want to think about your driving style. If you are adding a steal bumper and winch then that would have an effect on front end drop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For a daily driver the 1" body lift that a previous owner installed on my jeep is sufficient, and I think it has a nice stance. A 2.5" lift would look better IMHO, but I'm a fan of stretching capability rather than building out more than you'll use.

·
Administrator
16,969 Posts
I'm have a lift and new tires put on the JKU this week and I'm still a little undecided on how to go. The jeep is a daily driver and I only plan on doing some light-moderate off road trails and beaches. The tires are 285/70/17s as its a dd still and I only have the 3.21 gears with autotrans, or else I would of just got 35s. I always wanted a full lift kit, nothing more then 2.5 inches, but I dont want too much wheel gap. So I was leaning towards just the teraflex leveling kit. But, still not positive, I know Ill get better performance from an actually coil and shock lift kit both on and off road. Also with the leveling kit, am I going to be experiencing crazy uncontrolled nose dive on hard breaking? My thoughts are coils would better handle this compared to pucks not doing anything.

So what do you guys think, just go with the leveling kit, or go for the full lift?
Sounds like you're looking at this wrong.
---Can't get 35s because of gears
---Can't get full lift because gears (can't get bigger tires)

So why aren't we talking about getting gears???? Then you can get the "full lift kit you've always wanted" and the 35s.
Am I missing something?

My advice is to always build with the end in mind. That way you're not spending $$ twice.

Good luck :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts