Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for advice of what I should do to upgrade my current under armor on my 2012 JKU. I live in the North East and it’s very rocky here. I currently have white-knuckle rock sliders and thats it except for the factory skid plates . Is there anything important I should be focused on as far as armor? I’m wheeling at least 2-3 times a month. I just want to upgrade stuff that’s completely necessary. Thanks!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Convenient, I've been looking into armoring up the bottom of my JK too since my last wheeling trip resulted in alot of rubbing. Here is what I personally have come up with: EVO Oil-pan Skid, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, & AEV D44 Diff skid (mainly for the driveshaft protection). I was initially looking at the full EVO Pro-tek system, but decided that it wasn't necessary (yet). Also, all the skids I mentioned above are complete bolt-on systems. I have only welded once and it didn't turn out well :hide:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going with a minimum of LCA skids. I've ordered Synergy front skids and EVO skids for the rear LCAs. I'm still looking at other parts.
Nice! :thumb:

I just took a hit to my front LCA last weekend so that would be something I'd like to do. Both of those brands look to be weld on. I haven't welded since high school so thats about 10 years ago... things could get messy. :whistling: You know of any bolt on skids?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Convenient, I've been looking into armoring up the bottom of my JK too since my last wheeling trip resulted in alot of rubbing. Here is what I personally have come up with: EVO Oil-pan Skid, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, & AEV D44 Diff skid (mainly for the driveshaft protection). I was initially looking at the full EVO Pro-tek system, but decided that it was necessary (yet).
That EVO Pro-tek system looks sick and I may consider purchasing that... $650 tho... That'll put a little dent in the wallet. :hide: I guess that be better than a rock causing a bigger dent in the wallet.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Quadratec

Nice! :thumb:

I just took a hit to my front LCA last weekend so that would be something I'd like to do. Both of those brands look to be weld on. I haven't welded since high school so thats about 10 years ago... things could get messy. :whistling: You know of any bolt on skids?
Skid Row Offroad JP-5008 - Skid Row Offroad Front Lower Control Arm Skid Plates for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec. Is this what you are looking for?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have the EVO Protek Skid System on my 2012 JKUR. Fit was perfect and install in my driveway by myself took only 1.5 hours. I like that covers it the exhaust loop and transmission cooler line. I didn't think I would like that it bolts directly to the oil pan but I've gotten over that. Only been out to LBL once since I put on so no big tests for it yet.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
EVO Protek system. I didn't pay $650 for mine either.

BTW: the 2012 and newer JKs already have an evap skid plate from the factory.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
EVO Protek system. I didn't pay $650 for mine either.

BTW: the 2012 and newer JKs already have an evap skid plate from the factory.
yea but I was looking at it yesterday and it is about as sturdy as a soup can. pretty flimsy probably ok for a rock bouncing up off the road but not bouncing off a rock.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
If you have a '12 you want something to protect the oil cooler line (some combination on engine/tranny skid).

That factory fuel tank skid is flimsy. RockHard makes a nice fuel tank skid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts