Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a brighter light for under my hood. Could I simply swap my existing light and replace it with a KC Cyclone LED? Just cut the wires on the existing light and splice in the KC Cyclone LED?

Would that work?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I am looking for a brighter light for under my hood. Could I simply swap my existing light and replace it with a KC Cyclone LED? Just cut the wires on the existing light and splice in the KC Cyclone LED?

Would that work?
The Stock bulb up until 2015 looks to be 10 watts, for 2016 and 2017 they are more and went to halogen.

Both draw more power than than the KC Cyclone at 3.4 watt LED, so yes you can make it a direct splice.

·
Registered
23,963 Posts

Would that work?

I don't see why not.. do a search for "under hood lights", (or the similar) to give yourself some other ideas.

I ran my own and placed a sticky double row led on the angle piece, right at the front under the hood (JK). Works well when the hood is laid back at the windshield also. The location is awesome.. light is placed in the bay, not in your face.

It's not super bright, but does what I need it to do.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've been thinking about doing this with my TJ. Love the vintage looking switch, will have to duplicate that idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts