Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the KC single light kit and added a second KC light. Really brightens up the engine bay where I also have my winch control & air compressor mounted.
Turned our pretty tidy.

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have been wanting to do something like this, do you have them wired to a switch inside the cab? I think it'd be cool to have a switch under the hood so they come on when you open it

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The basic kit came with a rubber booted toggle switch that I mounted through a plastic shroud on the battery side. There was already a hole so I just enlarged it. You can see where the wires run down to the engine bay.

·
Jeeper
722 Posts
I have been wanting to do something like this, do you have them wired to a switch inside the cab? I think it'd be cool to have a switch under the hood so they come on when you open it
JK's that have remote start have a bracket behind the driver side headlight that holds a hood pin. There's 2 spots there so you can add another to run the underhood lights. In fact, you can barely see the bracket at the bottom right corner of the above photos. Exactly what I did and it works great.

·
Registered
943 Posts
JK's that have remote start have a bracket behind the driver side headlight that holds a hood pin. There's 2 spots there so you can add another to run the underhood lights. In fact, you can barely see the bracket at the bottom right corner of the above photos. Exactly what I did and it works great.
Great info! a quick search came up with exactly what you're talking about, now I just need to find 1, 5, 6, 8, & 9 from the diagram available separately since I don't have remote start.

https://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/195210.pdf

(thats why I love this forum :D)

Edit: found it all, can't thank you enough, I didn't know the JK's with remote start had such a thing.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Skitime's Under Hood Lights

I added under hood lights are well. I added four 6 watt 6000K Xenon light strips which are often used as running lights. They are controlled by a hood plunger switch and a water-proof switch so they can be turned off if you are working in daylight. They weigh so little that I put 2 of the lights on pieces of piano hinges so I can direct the lights and they are only bolted to the insulation. The other two strips were glued to the top of the hood. The first picture is only using the light strips for the picture in a dark garage. It gives near perfect shadow free lighting as you can see. I labeled the waterproof switch in case a mechanic is working on the Jeep.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great info! a quick search came up with exactly what you're talking about, now I just need to find 1, 5, 6, 8, & 9 from the diagram available separately since I don't have remote start.

https://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/195210.pdf

(thats why I love this forum :D)

Edit: found it all, can't thank you enough, I didn't know the JK's with remote start had such a thing.
where did you find the parts?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just ordered a meter of waterproof 5050 smd leds from Ali Express for about $3, but stilllooking to find the right plunger switch. They all seem pricy ( for me ) so I want to order the right one. Maybe I’ll check with quadratec...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts