Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here know if the underseat locking drawers (like the bestop) will fit under a heated seat? There are a lot of wires and connections and I'm concerned it won't fit but would like a locking drawer to keep my peace keeper secure if I have to lewve it in the Jeep or some reason. I might be able to relocate the seat brains but am hoping to not have to splice or rewire. Any experience with these issues?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The Tuffy lockbox fits just fine (at least under my passenger seat, which is heated). There is a bracket that needs to get removed and the wiring harness zip tied into a new spot. No splicing or rewiring needed.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have the both driver and passenger lock box on my '15 JKUR. There is a bracket under each seat that holds a wiring harness. Bracket needs to be removed and I zip tied harness to seat frame. What I love about them is they blend in perfectly with jeep, can't really "see" them. Average bad person won't know they are even there looking inside.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
The Tuffy lockbox fits just fine (at least under my passenger seat, which is heated). There is a bracket that needs to get removed and the wiring harness zip tied into a new spot. No splicing or rewiring needed.
According to the Tuffy website, this only fits up to '11 without the flip-forward seats. This is something I've wanted, but always thought they didn't fit due to the wiring underneath the seats. Did you have to call them to order? I don't want to order off the website and receive the wrong one...Thank you!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
According to the Tuffy website, this only fits up to '11 without the flip-forward seats. This is something I've wanted, but always thought they didn't fit due to the wiring underneath the seats. Did you have to call them to order? I don't want to order off the website and receive the wrong one...Thank you!
This is the exact one I ordered from Quadratec. They show it fitting through the 2015's and it was a perfect fit in mine:

Tuffy 293-01 - Tuffy Security Products Passenger Side Conceal Carry Underseat Security Drawer for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

You do have to remove the wiring bracket and zip tie the harness to another point under the seat, but it's a super easy install.

EDIT: ahh.. I see you have a JK from your avatar. That may affect whether it fits or not... Quadratec's website doesn't show it being compatible for '11+ JKs.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Anyone here know if the underseat locking drawers (like the bestop) will fit under a heated seat? There are a lot of wires and connections and I'm concerned it won't fit but would like a locking drawer to keep my peace keeper secure if I have to lewve it in the Jeep or some reason. I might be able to relocate the seat brains but am hoping to not have to splice or rewire. Any experience with these issues?

I installed by Bestop box last weekend and all you have to do is remove a mounting plate and relocate the wires with supplied zip ties. The instructions were very easy to follow and the install was very easy.

I ordered the passenger seat on Sunday and hope to install it this weekend!

Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts