Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was taking the seats out today and was having problems with several bolts so out came the saw. No wonder everything was rusted. what is the easiest way to fix this problem. I was planning on just cutting out the area and putting new sheet metal in. Any suggestions out there other than putting in new floor pans. Dont care about looks since i am going to rebedliner the area. The screw drivers mark the area. This is on a 1992 yj.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I'd cut out all the rot and weld in new, but that's just me!

·
Registered
60 Posts
agreed, cut out damage and weld in new, if you cant weld, make repair panel and screw it in with sealant to seal it, treat raw edges with some sort of primer or paint to stop rusting further. if that is a support under neath that is rotted too, then yes you should replace / repair that as well.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
agreed, cut out damage and weld in new, if you cant weld, make repair panel and screw it in with sealant to seal it, treat raw edges with some sort of primer or paint to stop rusting further. If that is a support under neath that is rotted too, then yes you should replace / repair that as well.

x2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts