Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2007 Wrangler with 73k miles on it. It's an Illinois jeep so it's got some decent rust on the bottom but nothing major. However I plan on keeping the jeep for a long time so I was wondering what the best way to fight the rust was. I've had some car and truck buddies recommend using a thing that loctite makes called Extend. You put it on the rust and it's supposed to neutralize it to slow it down, was wondering if anyone has had any experience with that. So i was thinking put the Extend on it to neutralize the rust and stop it from spreading and then use some kind of line x or rhinoliner or whatever to protect it from the salt and shit. Any advice helps

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
There's a long sticky on Fluid Film in this section. It has proven its value a million times over. I hope this doesn't turn into Fluid Film Part II and the same information gets repeated again. That would be cruel and unusual punishment.
:) Welcome by the way. Stickies are intended for subjects that come up time and time again.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/the-end-all-fluid-film-thread-1267809.html

Good idea to check all the stickies out in the beginning.

I can't say for sure but I think most folks here if they are concerned about rust prevention are relying on Fluid Film.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts