Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 99 Wrangler. It is DARK inside!!!! I was snooping around under the dash, driver's side and found a small light mounted but was not wired up. Now, was that something one of the original owners added but did not connect the wiring or did it come with the TJ but the wiring was never connected????:confused:

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Take your choice, either way, it looks like you will have to wire it. If you can isolate the hot wire that activates the overhead light, you can wire that one up to that. Or, you could mount a seperate toggle switch on your dash, and be able to turn it on, and off, when ever you like.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me rephase the original question. Does the Wrangler come with a light mounted under the dash on the driver's side? If so, I would like to connect it to the original wiring if possible.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Mine has lights under the dash on both sides. They didnt work when i bought mine....but the original owner i guess pulled the bulbs out. But they did come stock on most yes.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
When I bought my 99SE back in 99 it only had one on the driver side. I got one from someone else and put it in later.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Does anybody have a pic of where they mount on the passenger side? My 97 SE had one on the driver side, but not the passenger side.

I'd like to fix that. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like a picture too. I have the driver's side light but can't figure out which wire should be hooked up to it??????

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have them on both the driver and passenger side. They've worked without issue since the jeep was new.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,855 Posts
I would like a picture too. I have the driver's side light but can't figure out which wire should be hooked up to it??????
have you tried turning the light knob to make sure someone didn't just pull the fuse for the doors?? If that fuse is pulled the lights won't come on when the door opens but the light control will still work them.

Should be pretty easy to figure out which wire is hot with a simple circuit light tester. I would wire the hot wire to a relay and wire in enough light to light up Arkansas. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts