Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is a pic of a TJ with a hi-lift mount under his hood basically just bolted to his radiator supports. So I think eureka! This! This is what I want. It's out of the elements, it's not a beacon to theives, won't interfere with my softop. And if I need it in the winter it will be toasty warm. So I know our JK's are wider than TJ's so I run out with a measuring tape thinking at the very least I can get the 48"er under there. But alas there doesn't seem to be enough room. Any recomendations? Anyone done anything like this? I wish the wiper motor wasn't there and I could slip it up under the cowl. There is slot of room under there. On a side idea there should be storage drawers for tools under there. Built in tool box.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Interesting idea, I can't speak for a tj but my yj I feel had a lot more room under the hood then my jk but I could be wrong I think it be kind of tight to fit the jack under there but I'm curious to see how this comes out

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I can't see it happening, they package these things tight! I think we're lucky they can still fit a dual battery setup in there

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's been raining so I haven't tried to measure angles. The YJ mine is a 4banger tons of room I could put a hilift and some jackstands under there.

·
Registered
33,303 Posts
Even if it would fit under the hood, that would be a bad location to have it, because if you ever needed it, it would be to damn hot to touch.

·
Registered
254 Posts
On my hood....not under is the best place I found

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It's been raining so I haven't tried to measure angles. The YJ mine is a 4banger tons of room I could put a hilift and some jackstands under there.
Mine was a 2.5 also your right I could have stood inside the engine compartment so much room lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts