Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Bestop under seat storage safe arrived today. Installation instructions indicated that it is a 15 minute procedure. Apparently not on a 2003 TJ!
If anyone buys this and your seat is NOT the 'forward flip and fold' you may experience this problem. After installing it as per the instructions, the seat would not slide forward or back. Easy fix - install 4 or 5 washers under each seat bolt to raise the seat. :dance:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah I had the same problem in my 04 I was a pretty disappointed with bestop the while time I was thinking I should have spent the extra money and got a Tuffy but oh well its in and it works now:)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mine went in quick and easy...but I already had seat risers so I guess I didn't have that problem. Like the box though....

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
I bought one and had the same problem...they have 2 different types of underseat boxes though. Are you sure you got the right one? One is for the flip and fold seat and one is for the NON-flip and fold version. Mine was the right one and still had the problems that you described. They took it back no questions asked and refunded my money...which I then turned around and bought a $20 lock box that attached under my seat using a high quality aircraft grade cable. It holds my gun when I need to secure it and that's all that I needed one for. Didn't trust my glove box to prevent a deadly weapon from getting into the wrong person's hands.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have one as well and had no problem installing. I totally think that for all the extra items I have put on the jeep it was the best priced for the unit.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Storage Draw

Also went with the Bestop, and had the same problem with not fitting. The washers trick under the seat brackets did the job. Real close tollerances for fitting under the drivers seat. All is good.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts