Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Chief. At about 12k Miles I had to replace my BF Goodrich mud terrains that came stock on the Jeep because of uneven tread wear. I replaced with road tires at the recommendation of the dealership, and in less than 6k miles those also had uneven treadwear. The dealership felt it was because they didn’t “cross rotate” the tires, so they replaced two of them. 3k miles later and I have a violent shake once again and the tires are again showing uneven tread wear. The alignment checks out perfectly. The Jeep was in an accident shortly after I bought it new and it was rebuilt. Has anyone else experienced this? The dealership is now claiming that it’s normal to have to replace tires frequently (every 6k -10k Miles).

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
It is not normal AT ALL and that accident your Jeep was in is the big clue. It's pretty obvious that your alignment is not to spec, regardless of what they are telling you.

Which part of the Jeep was damaged in the crash? Front or rear or side?

A tire shop who has GOOD technicians will be able to set their alignment tools up and check that both axles are tracking straight and that the toe and camber are within spec. Once those things are done you'll stop wearing through tires so fast. If you can't find a tire shop with a decent technician, go to a good collision repair shop and ask them if they'll put it on the rack and verify that it's straight for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
https://www.tirediscounters.com/tread-wear

Take a look at tread wear patterns and what that could possibly indicate. You'll find tons of info. A tire shop or a collision shop with a frame rack might be able to help with your alignment issues if any. Being in an accident that would be my first stop, they'll be able to throw it on the alignment machine and see if the frame is out of whack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts