Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Creeper
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently learned about this unfortunate design flaw. It makes the axles shift left to right when the jeep goes up and down. It is stupid.

The problem is even worse when you lift the damn thing. Some really good lift kits MUST address this issue by dropping the trackbar to compensate for the increased angle from the lift. I don't know. It looks too weird.

Jeep Design Flaw.jpg

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
unless you get a triangulted 4 link, but that would be several thousand bucks, but any vehicle with a trac bar will do that

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I'd rather have the green axel... much more unique I think... although it is only 2wd... unless they've made the smallest pumpkin in the world... would help with ground clearence issues...

·
Creeper
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unless you get a triangulted 4 link, but that would be several thousand bucks, but any vehicle with a trac bar will do that
And the rear track bar goes the other way, so when you jump on the highway doing 75, its good to know that your jeep is doing the ballerina with front wheels going left and the rear wheels going right....

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
And the rear track bar goes the other way, so when you jump on the highway doing 75, its good to know that your jeep is doing the ballerina with front wheels going left and the rear wheels going right....
a triangulated 4 link will not allow it to move

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Oh good God! I guess we all need to whine to Jeep that we want a Watts link to make sure the axle stays exactly in the middle under any circumstance possible.

Even though a track bar isn't perfect it's a helluva lot better than leaf springs because you can at least predict where the axle will be at any given time. I don't see anyone complaining about their leaf springs on a YJ doing a lousy job of keeping the axle centered.

·
Creeper
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a triangulated 4 link will not allow it to move
See now that's what I'm talking about! The triangulated 4 link is the way to go. it seems like a much better design. Why isn't jeep doing that by default?

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Remember, if you "X" tracked the axle like that !

I would go STRAIGHT up and DOWN--no articulation !

Sure would ride good though-for a maller

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Creeper
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:whistling: Remember, if you "X" tracked the axle like that !

I would go STRAIGHT up and DOWN--no articulation !

Sure would ride good though-for a maller

Wrong! By crossing the track bar like that you would create vertical triangulation and the axle would not move at all. It would be the same as WELDING the axle to the frame, no springing action. :thumb: The only purpose it'd be good for is display in a museum of tanks LOL

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Oh perish the thought of conn. at the "X" ctr-I was

Wrong! By crossing the track bar like that you would create vertical triangulation and the axle would not move at all. It would be the same as WELDING the axle to the frame, no springing action. :thumb: The only purpose it'd be good for is display in a museum of tanks LOL
Considering sliding runners at each axle attachment and that would suffice for my MALL RAT !

1 - 20 of 79 Posts