Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a lot of posts in a lot of threads on this forum and others without coming across this problem I figured I'd try a new thread. I bought a map update from eBay, installed it as per the instructions and it worked without any errors or unexpected messages. The map shows it is a 2022 version. However, when I tried to use there were some issues. The speed limit no longer appears on the map, the guidance text near the top of the screen only says "proceed to {next road}" instead of "take a left onto {next road with direction}", the junction views are gone and when you are zoomed in closer than .3 of a mile the route disappears.

Seems to me that the next map update took out the junction views and whatever is supposed to generate the guidance text. Anyone have any ideas? Can I just add back the junction views? I tried to find a jcv file, but the links in the old treads are mostly broken. The Jeep is a '17 JK and the radio came out of a '14 JK.

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Seems to be an issue with updates not gotten they uconnect

This experience sound similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
The eBay site U found looks pretty shady
First they claim RHB first used in 2006 when first mygig radios were 2007 and first RHB were 2010 in 2011 vehicles

Chrysler claims no more map updates for Garmin based RHB and now only updates for Harmon RER and RHR

Based on all that and the low price the eBay update is some likely hacked and not licensed so would likely best be
Avoided

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. The guy on the Cummings forum has the exact same issues. To add insult to injury the map isn't any different for the roads that have been changed around here over the last 5 years. I contacted the a place that worked on these radios and found that if I can find a navigation board that the maps are stored on, swaping them should fix the problem. Only no one is upporting these anymore so there are no nav boards available. I may have to give up too.

·
Registered
758 Posts
There are many hack threads on the Internet concerning how to get updated maps onto the 430N, sounds like someone on Ebay has just packaged it up for sale. A problem noted with many of the update hacks is getting the auxiliary files (that hold the extra data you're referring to) to work properly (one of the reasons I haven't attempted it), and sounds like the Ebay version predictably has the same issue. I hate to say it but you probably could have just followed one of the threads and gotten the same results. There may be a way to back out of it but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To back it out I am pretty sure I need the files from the original maps. I have spent hours reading those threads and absorbed all I could. If the information is there I was unable to find it.

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
I think I read somewhere that the nav boards may be vin locked

I am more familiar with the non nav 430 aka RBZ
It is also a Mitsubishi unit like the 430n

It has a few quirks
Early first few year models cannot be updated to newer software
The hdd is locked to that particular radio no swapping between same model units
Newer units can accept ssd drives that if using proper brand are not vin locked

The units were used at least thru 2018 in the minivans and the last few years came with the newer interface hdd not pata but newer sata

If have had good luck with replacement drives and info about radios from the techs at

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Digger. I have been in contact with them as well. I will probably get another used unit if I can't fix this one. I am pretty sure I am the only one that likes them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts