Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be missing some parts from my jeep. I am trying to figure out what the part that screws into the top of the tail gate on both sides is. I seem to be missing the part on both sides an my interior gets wet every time it rains. When my hardtop back glass is closed you can see into my jeep around the rubber flaps:confused: . Any idea?

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
Your soft top should have this seal on it to keep the water out.

On the end of that seal is an insert that seats inside this piece on the tub.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Hank said:
When my hardtop back glass is closed you can see into my jeep around the rubber flaps:confused: . Any idea?

Um, I think he is talking about a hardtop. No?

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Okay, my bad.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
you have to take them off when your hardtop is in place. Are you sure you have all 6 bolts holding your hardtop to the tub?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
If you are seeing space between the glass and the rubber, loosen up the six bolts, now start at the rear, push the hard top in as far as it will go, and tighten that corner. Repeat on the other corner. Now tighten the other four up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
CAn you buy this seal for a regular soft top, mine doesn't have one. You can reach into the back and pull out my stuff without openieng the tailgate.

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
Hank, the hard top on my TJ has the rubber seal on the lower outside of the window.

and inside of the window, against the seal, is a hard plastic strip that seems to be formed to fit tight against the tailgate.

There isn't anything on the tub, itself, or the tailgate.

Do you have the hard plastic strip? If your top is all of the way on and you have the rubber, you may be missing the plastic strip.

(Sorry about the size of the pictures, things are still a little wonky after the new hard drive install.)

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
it just depends if the jeep came factory with a hard or soft top and if they have been replaced or removed over the years... but mine is just like Amy's.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
why dont you take a pic of the hole where you can see into your jeep that will be easier to figure out what your missing

duck tape always works good too haha

·
Registered
127 Posts
Your soft top should have this seal on it to keep the water out.

On the end of that seal is an insert that seats inside this piece on the tub.

Where can I find the seal in that picture? Its the rubber seal that attaches to the softtop rear window retaining bar. Mine no longer stays in place.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts