Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a package at my gate today, from Rugged Ridge. I asked myself, "what did I order?" Opened up the package in the house and in it was a 2016 calendar and 2 mirrors. Oh yeah now I remember. The mirrors are for when hardtop is removed. Kinda embarrassing. Don't forget, my Rubicon is only a week old. Ever order stuff and forgot you ordered it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
There was a package at my gate today, from Rugged Ridge. I asked myself, "what did I order?" Opened up the package in the house and in it was a 2016 calendar and 2 mirrors. Oh yeah now I remember. The mirrors are for when hardtop is removed. Kinda embarrassing. Don't forget, my Rubicon is only a week old. Ever order stuff and forgot you ordered it?
I once ordered a MTB seat post clamp and a way-too-big box arrived. In it was a top of the line Rockshox SL Ti titanium suspension fork (and a seat post clamp). I figured someone would get in trouble when they did inventory, so I called up to find out how to return it. The guys in shipping begged me not to return it as that would obviate the error and get them fired.

Not quite the same as your experience, but sometimes the mail is fun.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Came home to a package at my front door and was thinking "I didn't order anything!" Turns out it was the 3rd brake light that I needed for my new tire carrier. Totally forgotten that I placed the order.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
I once ordered a MTB seat post clamp and a way-too-big box arrived. In it was a top of the line Rockshox SL Ti titanium suspension fork (and a seat post clamp).
Hmm...I wonder if someone else ordered the fork and seatpost clamp and got the wrong box that just contained a clamp? :)

I had a similar experience with some BBQ sauce and various spices. I received a few more things than what I ordered and paid for. I emailed the company and told them that I'd be willing to pay the difference. They emailed me back and said to just keep it with their compliments.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
I never forget I ordered something.Im like a little kid,looking/waiting at the front window for the UPS guy to arrive.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I never forget I ordered something.Im like a little kid,looking/waiting at the front window for the UPS guy to arrive.
This is me. And on he day that it is supposed to be delivered, I am constantly checking tracking, even though I won't be home until 5 o'clock! Once it gets delivered, it's even more painful to wait just knowing it is sitting on my porch waiting!

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
This is me. And on he day that it is supposed to be delivered, I am constantly checking tracking, even though I won't be home until 5 o'clock! Once it gets delivered, it's even more painful to wait just knowing it is sitting on my porch waiting!
I may or may not have left work a little early today knowing my package was sitting at my garage waiting for me.......

·
Registered
175 Posts
I may or may not have left work a little early today knowing my package was sitting at my garage waiting for me.......
Unfortunately my work vehicle has GPS, so I can't do that! I have been known to take a service call close to home in the afternoon though so my commute is much shorter at the end of the day!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I ship and receive stuff every day for my work. Sometimes it's nice to open a box, expecting more work, and there's a nice toy instead!

But sometimes the UPS guys just dump stuff out by the gate, on the county road. Half a mile away from the house. I have no way of knowing it's out there. Sometimes stuff disappears until the snow melts. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts