Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what these go to? Thought they were for securing the top when down, but there is no way they are fitting around that bundled mess... Found them buckled to the roll bar behind the drivers seat when I bought it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
We don't know whet year he has, if it is a brand new vehicle then he is in the wrong forum, if it is a used vehicle then the PO may have forgot them.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I have an '02. My buddy found the same straps in his '99 when he bought it 6 months ago.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just recently started putting the top down due to weather and other reasons. Guess it's not necessary to secure it with straps or anything. Just kind of stays put???

·
Registered
570 Posts
Used to keep the rear seat in the folded position.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Used to keep the rear seat in the folded position.
And see the loop at the inside top of your windshield??? One of those straps goes through that loop and then through the footman loop on your hood to hold the windshield when folded down...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, So to keep the rear seat in the fold and tumble position makes sense as with the footman loop and likewise with the back window. I guess you could say they are multi use straps... so the top won't act like a parachute down the road if it isn't strapped. It's folded up down there nice and tight hopefully it stays put. Thanks all for the input.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jon M said:
Does anyone know what these go to? Thought they were for securing the top when down, but there is no way they are fitting around that bundled mess... Found them buckled to the roll bar behind the drivers seat when I bought it.
Just saw a Jeep OEM video that was posted online. I guess the video was to be in addition to the TJ owners manual. It talked about them. One is to secure the windshield to the hood in the down position. The other two are to be used for securing the factory running boards in the back cargo area to footman loops on the floor. The showed removing the boards with two bolts each so they are not damaged when offroad. If I can remember where I recently saw this video I'll post a link. It may have been farther down in these forums.

Jeep Medic

PS - I also saw another type of strap in there used to secure the rear seat in the up position to the roll bar

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks for the video, never bothered watching mine. I always wondered what the fasteners under the rear seat where for and know I know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts