Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the new 4 door "wrangler" today, right in downtown boston of all places. I tried to stop the guy to see if he was a dealer or had bought it. It was all black with the top down. It's not a bad looking vehicle. In fact, I couldn't take my eyes off it. But, it's not a wrangler. In fact it looks like a convertible hummer. I wish DC had packaged it under a whole new label, or called it a cherokee convertible.

Anyone who's seen my posts knows I don't know much about jeeps, but I do know I won't be trading in my rusty 98 sport for the unlimited.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Saw one in Little Rock Friday night. It looked good. Not what I would buy, but the guy driving it had a smile on his face... isn't that what's it's all about?

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Dare2BSquare said:
...but the guy driving it had a smile on his face... isn't that what's it's all about?

Good point.;)

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
maybe its because you guys are old (jk :D) but my buddy (26) thought that the 4 door looked TERRIBLE...he has a sweet YJ

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Unless you keep insulting people, you will be "old" someday, too.
I prefer to refer to it as "experience".

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Dare2BSquare said:
Unless you keep insulting people, you will be "old" someday, too.
I prefer to refer to it as "experience".
....and wisdom and maturity and tolerance...do I continue?

·
Registered
109 Posts
My boss came in bragging he drove one, said he's just waiting for his color to come in before he buys one.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Saw one today or yesterday myself. I like it. Looks like a Jeep to me. The hummer resembles a jeep, not the other way around.

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
amerijeep said:
The hummer resembles a jeep, not the other way around.
That's worth repeating.:D

I've seen a few around town. I think they look good. Four doors would be handy when you have kids.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
I've seen a bunch. I'm not a fan, but to each his own. Though, I did see a black one that was pretty cool.

(I make my kids run along side anyways.)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have seen them all around town!! I just cant get used to one, i even went down to the dealership and told them I was intreted and test drove one and when i got back I immeditly said where are the 06's, because I want one of them. i cant stand them if I want something to haul kids people or have a long wheel base(like driving a bus) i will go down to the ford dealer and by me an expediton, other then that i like my SWB TJ and its not going any where execpt back in to my garage. enough said about that!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have seen them all around town!! I just cant get used to one, i even went down to the dealership and told them I was intreted and test drove one and when i got back I immeditly said where are the 06's, because I want one of them. i cant stand them if I want something to haul kids people or have a long wheel base(like driving a bus) i will go down to the ford dealer and by me an expediton, other then that i like my SWB TJ and its not going any where execpt back in to my garage. enough said about that!!!!
Funny how things change. Lol

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Hahaha, talk about thread necromancy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had a wtf moment trying to figure out what rock this person had been living under. Then read the post date. Good stuff, lol

·
Registered
892 Posts
I bet half the TJ owners who said they didnt care for the JK are probably driving one by now too. :D

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Haha, that's great!

"I can't get used to it... if I want something with a long wheel base(like driving a bus) i will go down to the ford dealer and by me an expediton"

...and now he has a JKU. Awesome :D

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts