Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought from everything I read that the "Unlimited" designation meant the Wrangler was a four door with the longer wheelbase - yet my "shorty" 2011 Sahara with just two doors has the "Unlimited" decal on it also. Am I missing something, or did a robot at the factory think it was being funny?:crazy:

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
I thought from everything I read that the "Unlimited" designation meant the Wrangler was a four door with the longer wheelbase - yet my "shorty" 2011 Sahara with just two doors has the "Unlimited" decal on it also. Am I missing something, or did a robot at the factory think it was being funny?:crazy:
You have a 'mint error' there. Unlimited decals are only supposed to be on 4-doors. :eek:

·
Registered
569 Posts
:facepalm: maybe that would make it a collector item and valuable like a wrong stamp on a coin.

Take it back to the dealer, show him the decal and DEMAND the rest of the vehicle :whistling:

cass

·
Registered
696 Posts
Pics??

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Do you have a Sahara sticker?

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No - didn't pay the Unlimited pricing (Monroni doesn't say it's an Unlimited), and yes, 2011 (brand new) and yes, it also has the Sahara decal.
Guess it indeed is a collector's item! LOL - maybe I can put it on E-Bay and sell it at a profit?

On a related note...I am loving this thing - so much so I'd rather drive IT around town running errands than I would my Cherokee! And my neighbors are all telling me how much they like it too - which is interesting since none have been in it, and none have their own...guess they just like the look and the concept.

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
My dealer told me that the Unlimited is because they don't respect the laws of gravity or time.

Based on my experiences in the woods I would say he was dead on. :)

EDIT
Speaking of which, where do you set it to make the time go SLOWER?
I get on the trail and it's three hours later all of a sudden.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Durango said:
Post Script to all this - the "Unlimited" decal is only on one side! Too funny!
I'd be checking my fender bolts and alignment......sounds like maybe it was damaged and replaced with one off a four door? :p

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Alright, now you guys are scaring me!
I'm pretty sure it's all original sheet metal - paint is perfect and matches (which it might not if pulled from another one) and nothing else supports the contention. I was underneath it on that side all along the frame rail wiring the tail lights into the connector up front to tow, and didn't see anything amiss - but will look again the light to be sure.
I once checked out a brand-new Blazer at a dealers that had a dent in the driver's door so poorly repaired that you could see the Bondo edges (thirty-five years ago - can't imagine they'd be so blatant now), and the 4X Van I bought new but took delivery in the fog at night so missed the fact the passenger door had been replaced and the metal flake silver painting wasn't an exact match, still rubs me wrong when I think about it two year later...
(oh yes, I did get the Van repainted under Ford warranty - but in the right light I can still see the fade...)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts