Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I was reading in another thread, instrument clusters are interchangeable between newer and older Jeeps. Since my Jeep has a "Premium Instrument Cluster w/Tach" according to the build sheet and I do have the connectivity package factory integrated, I though I could add an EVIC and the 4-Buttons steering wheel switch to my Jeep.

So the other day I've removed the instrument panel from my Jeep to read out the P/N of the unit I have, as I am looking to replace it with an EVIC and I thought the existing P/N could be helpful when ordering a replacement.

To my surprise, I found right behind the cluster an unplugged connector taped to the vehicle's harness (pics)!

Can anyone tell, what is this connector for? Is it for an EVIC but since I don't have one, it is not in use?

Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,947 Posts
there are all kinds of unused connectors on just about any vehicle. They don't make individual harnesses for one model but one harness for many models including export models so it could be something that is used on an exported model or even a different model all together. It might be for the rubicon discos and lockers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was also thinking that they would make one harness for all models and just connect whatever is in use. Actually my Sahara is an Export Jeep, I was just wondering if this connector has anything to do with the instrument panel. But you're right, it could be also for the discos and lockers, they are relative close to where the connector is taped.

Has anyone a pic of a connected EVIC backside?

Here is how a connected non-EVIC looks like

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts