Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I unplugged this to install my sub. Now is this an air bag trigger? Do I need to reset it at the dealer if so? The battery was connect at the time.

From what I gather, it was an air bag sensor and now I have to go to the dealer to reset. Is the the case?

·
Super Moderator
22,029 Posts
im guessing it is for heated seats and for seat belt ie weight on seat triggers seat belt light. I doubt they would make it so easy to disable airbags.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Not knowing what you unplugged, there are three sensors that are part of the Supplemental Restraint System in the area of the seats. 1. Seat Position Sensor 2. Occupant Detection Sensor 3. Seat Belt Latch Sensor. There's going to be an air bag light if there's a problem with any of these sensors. If you unplugged one or all of these and then plugged it back in and you still have an air bag light then it sounds like a trip to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No air bag lights are on. Its a big fat yellow connector and I don't have heated seats.
Its the plug that is attached to the plate/metal bolt on piece.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
If you unplugged a connection that's part of the SRS there should be an air bag light. I'm not sure exactly what you unplugged. If you're not sure if there's a problem it might be a good idea to have a dealer look at it to make sure.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This one

·
Super Moderator
22,029 Posts
I would not worry about it. like was said if there was an issue you would get a code or warning light.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
That's the main seat wiring harness. If all you did was disconnect it and then re-connected it, you're fine. Nothing has to be re-set. If you had an air bag light that wouldn't go off as a result, that would be different.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just remember that Yellow connectors in modern vehicles are used to designate that they are part of the Airbag (SRS) system (some Euro cars use Orange).

Most service manuals caution you to disconnect the battery for at least 5 minutes before disconnecting/reconnecting any part of the airbag system. There is a remote possibility that the airbags could deploy otherwise.

If you reconnected that Yellow connector (I hope you did for you and your passengers safety) and still have a airbag light, I would disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and then reconnect.

If the light is still on then the airbag system has recorded a fault (maybe you turned on the ignition with that connector disconnected) and you will have to go to the dealer to have it cleared. A regular OBDII code reader will not read/clear it, but some fancier units will.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but what did you do with the yellow plug after installing your sub? Were you able to keep it on the original metal bracket or did you have to relocate?
I plugged it back in and removed bracket. Its fine without it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts