Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprising how hard it can be to get what you're looking for.

The dealers local continue to play the juggle-the-numbers game between the internet price & on the lot.

The dealers pretty much are stuck on keeping Wranglers with 25-35k miles way up in the mid-$25k range, sometimes more.

Last week between online shopping days, the price jumped several $K on the same new model stock numbers I was leering at so recently.

So far the top deals that I'm looking at:auto + 4 door + towing + limited slip + hard top are solid gotta-have list items:

1) 2010 JKU 24S package, hard top w pretty much everything I'm after: $28400 firm.

2) 2008 JK Sahara 17000 miles, soft top. power everything. private sale $22000. Rescue green, a plus for me. Nav/electronic stuff, a negative.

3) 2008 JK Rubicon, new tires, mostly power stuff, soft top, $19,950 dealer. 48000 miles. Black. My unfavorite Jeep color.

I'm frustrated as I find exactly what I'm after, only it's a 2 door or some other trivial point.

So far I've worn out friends & family with the gruesome details of seeking a free range JKU properly outfitted.

At this rate the famed 'white buffalo Pentastar' may be readily available....

·
Registered
284 Posts
You'll find the one you want. I noticed you were looking at a 2010. Is it new or used? (I'm guessing new since you didn't put a mileage with it).

If you are looking new, have you considered the Tread Lightly discount? If you join for $25, it gets you 1% below invoice, so that ought to save you a little $$$$

Tread Lightly - Home

·
Registered
401 Posts
Surprising how hard it can be to get what you're looking for.

The dealers local continue to play the juggle-the-numbers game between the internet price & on the lot.

The dealers pretty much are stuck on keeping Wranglers with 25-35k miles way up in the mid-$25k range, sometimes more.

Last week between online shopping days, the price jumped several $K on the same new model stock numbers I was leering at so recently.

So far the top deals that I'm looking at:auto + 4 door + towing + limited slip + hard top are solid gotta-have list items:

1) 2010 JKU 24S package, hard top w pretty much everything I'm after: $28400 firm.

2) 2008 JK Sahara 17000 miles, soft top. power everything. private sale $22000. Rescue green, a plus for me. Nav/electronic stuff, a negative.

3) 2008 JK Rubicon, new tires, mostly power stuff, soft top, $19,950 dealer. 48000 miles. Black. My unfavorite Jeep color.

I'm frustrated as I find exactly what I'm after, only it's a 2 door or some other trivial point.

So far I've worn out friends & family with the gruesome details of seeking a free range JKU properly outfitted.

At this rate the famed 'white buffalo Pentastar' may be readily available....

Throw out a lowball offer on all three $4000-6000 below the price, and buy whichever bites, if they are in good condition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts